PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 07:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

johnpro112 is keeping up the good workjohnpro112 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
back light on phone turns on all the time while charging

Hey guy's I charge my tp2 via a dock and occasional during the night the phone's backlight turns on by itself multiple times during the night and it is very annoying. The only solution I found to fix this was to put the phone on "airplane" mode I turned off the data connection but it it still turning on during the night. I put the battery settings to 1 minute each (off) but it still turns on occasionally. I'm running the energy rom march 20 cookie home screen. please help if you know how to solve this issue.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Re: back light on phone turns on all the time while charging

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpro112 View Post
Hey guy's I charge my tp2 via a dock and occasional during the night the phone's backlight turns on by itself multiple times during the night and it is very annoying. The only solution I found to fix this was to put the phone on "airplane" mode I turned off the data connection but it it still turning on during the night. I put the battery settings to 1 minute each (off) but it still turns on occasionally. I'm running the energy rom march 20 cookie home screen. please help if you know how to solve this issue.
Start->Settings->System->Power...then adjust time to screen off while on AC. Adjusting the battery settings has no effect on when the backlight will go off while on AC.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Start->Settings->System->Power...then adjust time to screen off while on AC. Adjusting the battery settings has no effect on when the backlight will go off while on AC.
I don't have an option like that it only Say's back light/ battery settings but i changed the backlight settings and the phone back light still powers up when i press the power button to make it go to sleep
Old 03-28-2010, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium W (Sprint Touch Pro 2 CDMA)
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

mstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmstevens is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpro112 View Post
I don't have an option like that it only Say's back light/ battery settings but i changed the backlight settings and the phone back light still powers up when i press the power button to make it go to sleep
It wouldn't hurt to tell us what ROM you're running.

In the Sprint 6.5 ROM, this feature IS there. Go to Start and tap Settings (or go to the Settings tab, which is what the aforementioned will do) then at the bottom right of the screen tap Menu then All Settings. Select System and scroll down to Power. Tapping that will give you a menu of two choices, the second of which is Backlight. Tap that. On the resulting settings page you will need to scroll down in order to see the On External Power section, where you can set a backlight timeout.

On the 6.1 ROM the procedure is similar but with a couple of fewer steps. If you're running a different ROM, you should probably ask in that ROM's thread.

It has never actually worked for me though, in any Sprint ROM on any device I've had.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul to tp2
Carrier: sprint sero 500

swoope is becoming a great contributor

running a back up program. are you near a place where you might have to roam?

beers
Old 03-28-2010, 08:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I live in a place where there is sometimes very weak and strong signals sometimes but never to the point where i have to roam

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2