PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED!] City AND State of Area Code on Incoming Call Screen [VZW Support Added

Well that is your problem if you are trying this on the HD2. I bet the HD2 has a entirely different dialer version and also the gsm issue that Sauman listed could be the problem.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

BullyDawg is becoming a great contributor
Exclamation Chevy's VzW fix incompatible with VZW MR2 update

I'm a HUGE fan of Saumaun's cab & Chevy's VzW fix! However, after I updated to VzW's new MR2 (bringing the TP2 up to Sense 2.5) and reinstalled both cabs, I started getting a bug where the first press of any dial (whether a number I entered or a speed dial or a contact button) would not dial, but if I tried a second time, it would work.

Through the process of elimination, I have identified Chevy's cab as the "culprit." Any suggestions? Is it possible to get a new Chevy's VzW fix for WM6.5 Sense 2.5? (It worked on Sense 2.1).

I love the City/State area code fix, but not so much to have to always dial twice!
Old 06-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: [UPDATED!] City AND State of Area Code on Incoming Call Screen [VZW Support Added

I heard they changed the dialer in the MR2 update. Currently I have no solution to fix the dialer issue. I will try to get a chance and have a look at it. It would also be helpful if a stock sprint sense 2.5 user could send me their registry so I can check settings. I need everything in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\PHONE]

Last edited by drewcam888; 06-28-2010 at 05:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

zachin2036 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
I heard they changed the dialer in the MR2 update. Currently I have no solution to fix the dialer issue. I will try to get a chance and have a look at it. It would also be helpful if a stock sprint sense 2.5 user could send me their registry so I can check settings. I need everything in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\PHONE]
Yo drew - how do you export that section of the registry? I'm running stock sense 2.5 / winmo 6.5 - got CHT and a custom slider, would that make a difference? If that works, i'll get you the registry chunk...

Okay, I actually just went into Total Commander and copied that part of the registry as a REG file to my storage card, then uploaded the REG to my Dropbox, downloaded it here, renamed it as a TXT and voila. So...if you need it, lemme know and I can send it...

Last edited by zachin2036; 06-28-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)
Carrier: Sprint

slmclarengt is just getting started
Re: [NEW!]City AND State of Area Code on Incoming Call Screen

Quote:
Ok I have attached a cab with the area code fix for Verizon users. It should work on most custom roms and stock 6.1 and 6.5 roms. The cab should be uninstallable. Please let me know if there are any issues. You do have to install Saumaun's cab for this to work.

This fix may work for other carriers like T mobile. But I need a registry export of [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\PHONE] first to verify.
-If this fix doesn't work for your current custom Verizon rom.
---Please confirm if the fix works for Sprint users of your custom rom.
---If so then I need a copy of the sprint and verizon provisioning cab so I can find the differences.
---If it doesn't work for Sprint users then it may take a lot to find the problem but please provide the above information
---Also a registry export of [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\PHONE] will help with troubleshooting.
---Please email me the cabs and/or registry export.

Instructions:
1. Install Saumaun cab
2. Install Chevy cab
3. Do soft reset
4. Get someone to call your phone and check to see that it is working.
I wanted to confirm this DOES work for a Sprint custom ROM - I forget which one I'm using.

Thank you and the OP for the cool tweak!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL
Threadstarter

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [NEW!]City AND State of Area Code on Incoming Call Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
I wanted to confirm this DOES work for a Sprint custom ROM - I forget which one I'm using.

Thank you and the OP for the cool tweak!
Why are you using the drewcam fix on a custom ROM with Sprint? :P
Old 07-02-2010, 11:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Just wanted to say this is working GREAT for me, no issues no typos at all!! Loving it! Thanks [sammich]!!

EDIT: Also I wanted to know if it was possible to create a caller ID .cab like 'Privus Mobile' and MetroPCS that shows the persons first & last name & location even if they are not programmed into your contacts

Last edited by DatBoiDame; 07-03-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL
Threadstarter

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Just wanted to say this is working GREAT for me, no issues no typos at all!! Loving it! Thanks [sammich]!!

EDIT: Also I wanted to know if it was possible to create a caller ID .cab like 'Privus Mobile' and MetroPCS that shows the persons first & last name & location even if they are not programmed into your contacts
That would require an app that runs in the background, connects to the internet, checks the number, and responds back to the phone all in the time that your phone is ringing. I wish I knew how to do that

Too bad though that there isn't a regular CallerID service like we can have on land lines.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by [sammich] View Post
It's most likely not an issue of registry, but rather .dll files. I believe T-Mobile has a separate dialer due to the fact that it is a GSM device, and therefore the .dlls are different. If anyone has information to the contrary, let me know and I'll look into it.
That right there is what pisses me off about the Tilt 2 being lumped into this forum with the TP2. So many cabs I have tried have not worked on my GSM Tilt 2 and few of the posters bother to mention what phone their cabs work on. Although they are basically the same phone, there is a huge variance in not only hardware, but in software. Aside from the CDMA/GSM differences, there are multiple variations in WinMo versions (6.1, 6.5, 6.5.x), in TouchFlo versions (2.1, 2.5) in SenseUI versions (2.1, 2.5) and several carrier-specific implementations. It gets really confusing trying to figure out what will and won't work on a given phone and having all these phone models lumped in here just exacerbates the problem.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the great work you guys who come up with these cabs do, but since this forum has unwisely decided to lump us all in here together, it would be very helpful if you would be a little more specific as to just which phone models your cabs apply to. I've had my Tilt 2 three weeks and already had to do 2 hard resets because of cabs that weren't correct for my phone. I only hard reset my LG Incite twice in a year and a half of using and modding it. Sorry to use this great thread for my rant.

Now, does anyone know if this wonderful cab will work on my GSM Tilt 2 with stock WM6.5 ROM?

Last edited by Miami_Son; 07-03-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

BullyDawg is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
I sent you this, Drew. Any luck yet? THANKS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2