PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Okay guys I have been struggling with this for about 8 hours and a few people seem to be experiencing this but nobody has found a fix so I am calling upon the start of a thread to help me. How in the hell do I sync my facebook profiles with my contacts???? I can sync them no problem. My question is why and is there a fix for when they call the caller ID is not their facebook profile pictures. I will be lucky to even get a picture...most of them are still OEM avatar pics...some are old pics I had saved to the contacts Mooooonths ago. So is there a fix for this?? Someone mentioned doing my contact card before putting my contacts in. Anyone know of any more tricks that might get this done???
If you want facebook pic to show on caller id, you need to use a leo dialer. If you use another dialer, it just shows the picture stored with the contact (like what you would see using Outlook on your PC). I don't know about the dialers from rhodium/topaz sense 2.5.201x. I'd imagine they would work, but can't test as no vga-port has been created. In sense 2.5, it displays updated pictures from facebook, but doesn't replace them in the contact (like it did in sense 2.1). If I view my contact on my phone, it has a recent FB picture. If I sync to outlook, it has an old FB pic for the same contact that was from when I was running manila 2.1.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:23 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
If you want facebook pic to show on caller id, you need to use a leo dialer. If you use another dialer, it just shows the picture stored with the contact (like what you would see using Outlook on your PC). I don't know about the dialers from rhodium/topaz sense 2.5.201x. I'd imagine they would work, but can't test as no vga-port has been created. In sense 2.5, it displays updated pictures from facebook, but doesn't replace them in the contact (like it did in sense 2.1). If I view my contact on my phone, it has a recent FB picture. If I sync to outlook, it has an old FB pic for the same contact that was from when I was running manila 2.1.
So you are implying that a leo dialer will resolve this issue? I will test now and see what I come up with. I believe someone mentioned this earlier. I guess for all us having this issue keep your fingers crossed cuz Im about to do some testing here in a bit and report what happens. Wish me luck.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

The ability to save FB pics to the contacts was removed in Sense2.5. I use a program named outsync which I run on my pc. It logs into FB and pulls down the current profile pic to Outlook. Then I sync my contacts with Outlook on my pc to move the pics to my phone contacts. Hope this helps.

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

notanerd1411 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

i dont think it was removed as I am running mightys impact rom which is 2.5/6.5.x and it syncs all FB pics and works great... even when the people call it shows their picture and everything
Old 03-12-2010, 03:26 PM
337 L.V.
Threadstarter

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanerd1411 View Post
i dont think it was removed as I am running mightys impact rom which is 2.5/6.5.x and it syncs all FB pics and works great... even when the people call it shows their picture and everything
See and this is why I am confused as to what in the hell is going on!! Some say it works for them....some say it doesnt. I am having a little trouble finding the dialer to see if this will fix it. I really want it to work but if it doesnt then oh well.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

Quote:
Do you know which version of Sense 2.5 it is using?
Old 03-12-2010, 03:35 PM
337 L.V.
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedra92 View Post
Do you know which version of Sense 2.5 it is using?
Yeah good question. Also I cannot get outsync to work. I tried that yesterday and it wouldnt work so I just flashed a 2.1 and synced my contacts to facebook profiles and saved my pim and imported it onto the 2.5 ROM I am on now. Couldnt get it to work on my comp. Outlook 2010 with Windows 7 ultimate.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Haven't tried on Impact, but I know it doesn't work on War, and haven't installed anything crazy.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:42 PM
337 L.V.
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
Haven't tried on Impact, but I know it doesn't work on War, and haven't installed anything crazy.
Ok this is great to know. Im glad its not the ROM Im using because I really love it. Thanks given to everyone who posted something in this thread...basically just for suggestions or just insight. Oh well, I guess until a fix is found I will just do without. Not a big issue anymore now that I know I am not the only one. I was about to go crazy on my phone.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
See and this is why I am confused as to what in the hell is going on!! Some say it works for them....some say it doesnt. I am having a little trouble finding the dialer to see if this will fix it. I really want it to work but if it doesnt then oh well.
You guys are kind of talking about 2 different things. notanerd, I'd bet the mightrom you are running is using the leo phonecanvas or a rhodium/topaz one from the sense 2.5.201x ROMs. This is why facebook pictures show on your incoming dialer. Try to sync your contacts to outlook, or view then through a WM utility on your phone, and see if an older picture or no picture (if you never assigned one) shows up. Manila 2.1 would ask you if you want to save the FB picture to your contact. Sense 2.5 does not do this. It stores the FB picture differently with sense 2.5, so that sense 2.5 reads the picture, but not other programs or older dialers.

Don't bang your head against the wall youngpro83. You just need an updated dialer to display the FB picture on incoming call.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2