PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:47 AM
youngpro83's Avatar
337 L.V.
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT
Location: WHERE THEM LOUISIANIMALS STAY
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,273
Reputation: 3850
youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

Okay guys I have been struggling with this for about 8 hours and a few people seem to be experiencing this but nobody has found a fix so I am calling upon the start of a thread to help me. How in the hell do I sync my facebook profiles with my contacts???? I can sync them no problem. My question is why and is there a fix for when they call the caller ID is not their facebook profile pictures. I will be lucky to even get a picture...most of them are still OEM avatar pics...some are old pics I had saved to the contacts Mooooonths ago. So is there a fix for this?? Someone mentioned doing my contact card before putting my contacts in. Anyone know of any more tricks that might get this done???
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:54 AM
RKnight's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 211
Reputation: 155
RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight
Re: 2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

I have been wondering the same thing myself. I really hope someone had a method of fixing this. I alway log into Facebook before I restore my contacts as well so I don't think that matters.
__________________
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:57 AM
notanerd1411's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Location: SF Bay Area
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 145
Reputation: 85
notanerd1411 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

go to the contacts tab in manila, then go to all contacts, the slide over to the person with a clock near there head symbol... from there is should show a link to facebook icon.. then log into facebook and it should take care of the rest....

Although it only works if the person is stored in your contacts exactly how it appears in facebook....

If not then you have to go into each contacts name and edit info.. towards the bottom of the edit info page will be a link to facebook profile click that and select who it should link to on facebook (the link button will only show up if you have logged in like I stated in the beginning of this post)


***EDIT*** Sorry Im tired and apparently cant read..... Have you installed a different dialer? or dialer skin? when i was experimenting with different dialers skins this would happen to me as well.

Last edited by notanerd1411; 03-12-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:58 AM
youngpro83's Avatar
337 L.V.
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter
Location: WHERE THEM LOUISIANIMALS STAY
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,273
Reputation: 3850
youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKnight View Post
I have been wondering the same thing myself. I really hope someone had a method of fixing this. I alway log into Facebook before I restore my contacts as well so I don't think that matters.
It works perfectly in 2.1 dont know why it doesnt work the same in 2.5 I would really like for it to work.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 AM
youngpro83's Avatar
337 L.V.
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter
Location: WHERE THEM LOUISIANIMALS STAY
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,273
Reputation: 3850
youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanerd1411 View Post
go to the contacts tab in manila, then go to all contacts, the slide over to the person with a clock near there head symbol... from there is should show a link to facebook icon.. then log into facebook and it should take care of the rest....

Although it only works if the person is stored in your contacts exactly how it appears in facebook....

If not then you have to go into each contacts name and edit info.. towards the bottom of the edit info page will be a link to facebook profile click that and select who it should link to on facebook (the link button will only show up if you have logged in like I stated in the beginning of this post)


***EDIT*** Sorry Im tired and apparently cant read..... Have you installed a different dialer? or dialer skin? when i was experimenting with different dialers skins this would happen to me as well.
No dialers just Mr. X 2.5 ROM. I have been fighting with this thing forever!!
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2010, 09:00 AM
silentjoker's Avatar
Regular 'Geeker
Offline
Pocket PC: World HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Boardman Ohio
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 380
Reputation: 1524
silentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on repsilentjoker is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to silentjoker
Re: 2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Okay guys I have been struggling with this for about 8 hours and a few people seem to be experiencing this but nobody has found a fix so I am calling upon the start of a thread to help me. How in the hell do I sync my facebook profiles with my contacts???? I can sync them no problem. My question is why and is there a fix for when they call the caller ID is not their facebook profile pictures. I will be lucky to even get a picture...most of them are still OEM avatar pics...some are old pics I had saved to the contacts Mooooonths ago. So is there a fix for this?? Someone mentioned doing my contact card before putting my contacts in. Anyone know of any more tricks that might get this done???
Try this:

HKCU-Software-People-[FBUpdating]=1 not 0

This problem seem to start when a versino of minilla stopped including the 2 checkboxes on what to sync with facebook. The version that included sync contact picture and sync data it worked perfect in. I dont know what version included it either its been a while. But I have fixed it in mine ill see if there was another change i did also.

Usually when i have a fresh flash i input my facebook sync before putting my contacts on th phone then put my contact on the phone then softreset and they sync back up.
__________________
#############################################################
## Rom: None # Provider: Verizon # Experience: Advanced # Phone:Verizon TP2 ##
#############################################################
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2010, 10:41 AM
digiblur's Avatar
Halfway to VIP Status
Offline
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 551
Reputation: 379
digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

I think you guys are missing the point. MightyROM WAR is doing this. You can link up the profiles no problem, the pics show on their contact card just fine. If you hit All People it even shows their status and FB picture. If you add them to your favorite people tab it even updates their photo as the person changes their profile pic. But when they call your phone the dialer does not show the FB picture.

I'm guessing it is the dialer that is being used in these ROMS.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2010, 12:06 PM
youngpro83's Avatar
337 L.V.
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter
Location: WHERE THEM LOUISIANIMALS STAY
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,273
Reputation: 3850
youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentjoker View Post
Try this:

HKCU-Software-People-[FBUpdating]=1 not 0

This problem seem to start when a versino of minilla stopped including the 2 checkboxes on what to sync with facebook. The version that included sync contact picture and sync data it worked perfect in. I dont know what version included it either its been a while. But I have fixed it in mine ill see if there was another change i did also.

Usually when i have a fresh flash i input my facebook sync before putting my contacts on th phone then put my contact on the phone then softreset and they sync back up.
Oooh yes I will definitely give this a try. I love regedits. They are usually the solution to many things. I will try this and see what happens. Mine isnt even updating. I did everything last night and today everything was the same. I even have mine set up to update every 2 hours and it doesnt. I have to manually update it. I will give this regedit a go and hope that it fixes my issues. Thanks given.

Edit: for those who are going to try this regedit there is one missing...its HKCU-SOFTWARE-(HTC)-PEOPLE
it was set to 0 on updating and linking so I just set both to 1. Hopefully that will cure the issue. Seems logical so I will see what happens.

Edit2: Okay so I did the regedit but then after a soft reset it reverts back to 0 so not sure what else to do. I even tried deleting it and then after a softreset I was going to create it again but after the soft reset it always already there set to 0. This is getting frustrating. I guess the only real way to resolve it is to go back to 2.1


Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
I think you guys are missing the point. MightyROM WAR is doing this. You can link up the profiles no problem, the pics show on their contact card just fine. If you hit All People it even shows their status and FB picture. If you add them to your favorite people tab it even updates their photo as the person changes their profile pic. But when they call your phone the dialer does not show the FB picture.

I'm guessing it is the dialer that is being used in these ROMS.
This could also very well be the problem. I mentioned it in the War thread as well and someone said they would test it today and see if they can duplicate it. Hopefully and more than likely it will since it seems that Almost everyone has encountered this and nobody really has a solid solution. Thanks given for the suggestion.

Last edited by youngpro83; 03-12-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:22 PM
p-slim's Avatar
Bay Area Boss
Offline
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile
Location: Bay Area
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,021
Reputation: 4020
p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: 2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

I've had this problem ever since they 1st leaked the Leo rom months ago. I still can't find a fix, I guess I've stopped looking as I only use my tp2 to test new roms and new builds.
__________________
Sprint Evo
T-Mobile Nexus One
------------------------
Google is the next skynet
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-12-2010, 01:58 PM
youngpro83's Avatar
337 L.V.
Offline
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter
Location: WHERE THEM LOUISIANIMALS STAY
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,273
Reputation: 3850
youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2.5 Sync FACEBOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I've had this problem ever since they 1st leaked the Leo rom months ago. I still can't find a fix, I guess I've stopped looking as I only use my tp2 to test new roms and new builds.
Yeah whatever it is is definitely in the 2.5 builds. All of them are like this. 2.1 works perfect. It even asks you if you want to save the picture to contacts and it works fine. Even when they call their facebook picture is the caller ID. Its 2.5 that this is an issue. So I guess if I want 2.5 then I will just have to accept this sacrifice. Like I said I reverted back to a 2.1 ROM and then synced all my contacts to facebook....saved my pim with all the new pics....flashed a 2.5 ROM and replaced pim with the one I saved and now all of my contacts have pictures instead of the OEM Avatar pics. I then went into each individual contact and unsynced them from their facebook profiles and then soft reset and then went BACK to the contacts and synced them back all individually again...so time consuming....having to search their name and then confirming the sync all over again so hopefully if they change their picture it will change on my contact list and hopefully when they call it will be their new profile pics but if not then I still have the previous ones I saved to my pim. Oh well. I guess thats the price you pay for a 2.5 ROM.

Last edited by youngpro83; 03-12-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com