PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nyCecilia is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Radio question?

Hi all,

After much searching, I still can't figure out whether there is any possibility of having FM radio on my Sprint TouchPro2. Can someone answer this question?

If it is possible to have FM radio, is there a source to get the .cab file that is not the RapidShare link? I have been trying for several days and can't seem to get the file to even try it.

Hardware-wise, I love my TP2, but lack of music and a few other annoying things (ie. incessant butt-dialing) are tempting me over to the dark side

TIA!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: Radio question?

There is no FM radio for the CDMA TP2 which you have. There are plenty of music apps out there, some free, some not, there is nangroove which is $5 but well worth it, select radio which is not free, but recently ported slacker radio and pandora are both free. If you have sirius or xm there are even free apps for listening via your TP2. Search in teh software thread and you'll find plenty of apps for that. Select radio, which is not free gain, even has a number of radio stations that they stream, so it's very possible to listen to your favorite station that way. As far as butt dialing, are you using a screen lock?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

You can also try going to www.thestreamcenter.com in your phone's browser. Select your state and a whole bunch of radio stations will pop up there that you can stream instantly
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, good to know, I can finally stop wishing and hoping on the radio thing! My RSI isn't very happy with me

BUT this is what I have been trying to do from the beginning: "but recently ported slacker radio and pandora are both free"

Fishingmedic, where can I get a pandora or slacker port? When I search for pandora, it says there is a pandora ap, but when I go to get it, it says pandora is not compatible with my phone (although I think it means my browser).

I tried going through Skyfire as well, the message that I get from Skyfire is that udp is not available on my phone (and while I'm not a network expert, if Youtube works, doesn't htat mean udp is enabled?). But I assume that if I go through Skyfire that it's going to the full-size Pandora ap, not a windows mobile port...?

I'm willing to pay $5, or even $9.95 (have been looking at sbp radio), but only willing to do it once, and not sure which ap will work, or which is better, which is why I've been concentrating on the "not pay an extra fee to get music to work" type of solution.

Thanks, Eschelon, I'll also take a look at the stream center website
Old 02-12-2010, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
As far as butt dialing, are you using a screen lock?
No, I tried to use S2U2 with not-so-great results and eventually gave up. Also tried Pointui Home 2 with really not great results, again gave up.

I'm kinda getting frustrated with windows mobile these days, but budget (and common sense) says I really shouldn't be buying a new phone, so I'm still searching for solutions for now.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:52 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

slacker radio
Attached Files
File Type: cab TMartin Slacker Radio.cab (669.0 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Here's the Pandora thread. You'll find what you need in there:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85786
Old 02-12-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO 4G

newvet is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyCecilia View Post
No, I tried to use S2U2 with not-so-great results and eventually gave up. Also tried Pointui Home 2 with really not great results, again gave up.

I'm kinda getting frustrated with windows mobile these days, but budget (and common sense) says I really shouldn't be buying a new phone, so I'm still searching for solutions for now.

I`ve been using PocketShield since for many months and love it. Haven`t butt dialed anyone since
Old 02-12-2010, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

I'm personally not a huge fan of Pandora, since slacker radio is also free and works great. For $5 there's Nanogroove and there's a new cab out in this forum, you can d/l it try it for 5 minutes for free to see if you like it. There's also select radio which I find pretty nice. you get it free for 10 day to play around with and you can even get it for free by signing up for one of their ads (and then you can just cancel after you get the subscription code). so the bottom line is, there is plenty of radio stuff out there for you, just not literally an FM radio. and now I'm gonna go play with the link Eschelon posted, never seen that yet!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Woo hoo! I can't believe I waited weeks to ask you all these questions! Suddenly tons of solutions! Gonna play around with them a bit now... TGIF!

(ps. butt dialing doesn't generally bother me, but the other day an old ex-boyfriend/ex-friend called me out of the blue and I butt dialed him back at 7am...not exactly something I want to be doing! lol)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2