PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Us Cellular

krazy5hadow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation HTC Touch Pro 2 Digitizer Replacment

Hello,

Just wondering if someone from this Forum could PLEASE post instructions on how to replace the Digitizer on the HTC Touch Pro 2?? I have the spare digitizer now and don't know how to replace it....... Or you can email me at krazy5hadow@yahoo.com also with instructions or a link somewhere ? ?

Thank You in advance...
Old 02-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC® Touch Pro™ 2 /// HTC® Evo™ 4G
Carrier: Sprint®

austintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuffaustintb knows their stuff
Cool Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 Digitizer Replacment

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy5hadow View Post
Hello,

Just wondering if someone from this Forum could PLEASE post instructions on how to replace the Digitizer on the HTC Touch Pro 2?? I have the spare digitizer now and don't know how to replace it....... Or you can email me at krazy5hadow@yahoo.com also with instructions or a link somewhere ? ?

Thank You in advance...
Hi. I found this link for you. I am still looking for a better one though. Let me know if this is what you want or a different one.
"Observation of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement on Supraquantum Structures By Induction through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal of Extremely Long Wavelength (ELW) Pulse from Mode-Locked Source Array." - from Half Life 1
Old 03-26-2010, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

sonysw is just getting started
Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 Digitizer Replacment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=&mfe=sidebar

I am not sure how to replace it but this one seems fit with sprint version
Old 03-26-2010, 03:52 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

its a pain in the ass. id rather just pay a deductable and get a new phone.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94739
Old 03-26-2010, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

sonysw is just getting started

My concern is that they may send you refurb phone. Do you know if TEP has TP2 refurb or new ?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work

Hi krazy5hadow -

I have some bad news unfortunately.... I hate having to tell you this, but I'd like to spare you a nasty surprise.

I broke my digitizer as well, and sent off for a replacement. The replacement came; I could tell it was OEM part and I was excited to fix it.

Unfortunately when taking apart the TP2, I found that the original digitizer is GLUED to the display with some kind of impossible-to-detach resin. When trying as carefully as I could do detach it, I cracked the original digitizer worse.

There's also a machine-pressed ribbon cable that connects the digitizer to the phone (you'll probably see this little ribbon on the eBay picture of the digitizer). But this is done at the factory with special machinery -- so even if you could get the glue detached without cracking both the display and the digitizer, it's impossible to attach the ribbon in such a way that the connection is made.

I did some phone repair for awhile (Titans and etc.) and they were relatively easy to repair. However, the TP2s are glued instead of screwed. They do this to minimize dust / debris getting between the panes, but unfortunately this also makes them impossible to repair.

Those digitizers on eBay go for cheap... but it's because they can't be used. It's a rip off - don't send for one.

Sorry about this... it's impossible to replace.

Let me know if you want more info (post here). I would suggest trying to find a TP2 for parts (with an OK LCD + digitizer + all mainboard ribbons intact). That would probably be your best bet from here, although they can be hard to find.

Sorry again, but hope this helps.

-Trevor
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

kb112 is a n00b

Sony - 99.9% of the time it's gonna be a refurb. Unless you get a cool ass tech to give you one from store stock. Or magically get a BNIB direct from Sprint. I just got a TP2 refurb last friday for my old back up TP1 that was whacked out. It was a refurb for sure.

The refurbs obviously come with no case, box or accessories. They also do not include a SIM card. You can usually get one for free from CS or at most pay $20 for one from them. If/when you get the replacement dial ##786#. This screen will show you the life meter, data d/l'd etc, plus the refurb date.

Trever thanks for that info. I too have done some phone repairs of my own. This sounds like it would suck.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:55 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb112 View Post
If/when you get the replacement dial ##786#. This screen will show you the life meter, data d/l'd etc, plus the refurb date.

Trever thanks for that info. I too have done some phone repairs of my own. This sounds like it would suck.
## codes only work on sprint. the op is uscellular.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kb112 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
## codes only work on sprint. the op is uscellular.
I was responding to Sony sw, whom is running Sprint and asked about their refurbs.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:17 PM
mb3
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

mb3 is a n00b

ASSurion is sending new packaged TP2 for TP as of earlier today. Mine is on da way. Woot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2