PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 02:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is what a true bricked TP2 looks like.

So, I've seen quite a couple threads here and other forums of people who mistakenly think they have bricked their device. Most of those 'bricks' just needed a kick in the butt (hard reset) or a radio flash...
Unless your phone looks like this, it could be fixed.
For help fixing just post.
For help replacing if you have insurance PM me.

**UPDATE**
Well, my TP2 is my only means of internet in this crippled apartment complex... 3months left on the lease... So I'm always flashing new radios for better bandwidth.
Way back when the HSPL was first released, conflipper sent me some RADIO's in raw format. Some worked but there were 2 Whitestone radios there (Verizon Diamond2? CDMA general Diamond2?). RUU simply refused to flash them... so of course I had to try other ways. I was able to do it through SD... Thats when I got my first white screen... Its all it did... I was able to flash to stock radio through SD... Worked fine. Few weeks back I finally get the SIM unlock so I can fiddle with Radios of a different CID. I get bored one night and start thinking... Hmm since the SIM unlock did the SuperCID I should try the whitestone radio again... Nothing... Forced it... Flashed to 100% in bootloader, and stayed there... Took out the battery... Went straight to the high def static. I laughed out loud when the sprint tech said it was the "Screen of DEATH!"...
But yea its because the PID (product ID --Thanks Juggs ) apparently differ now from TD2 and TP2... Unlike the Diamond1 and TP1... Great!

Btw... The replacement was free and at my door the very next afternoon... There was some talk in another of my threads of a way to fix using download mode... But its not well known about...
Your welcome

Last edited by Tilde88; 02-05-2010 at 04:11 AM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:33 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Re: This is what a true bricked TP2 looks like.

Finally, a pic! I always check bricked & broken threads for pics... often resulting in disappointment.

(Gave you a thanks for a pic)
Old 02-05-2010, 02:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You just need to put a little tin foil on the antenna, the picture will clear right up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:42 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
You just need to put a little tin foil on the antenna, the picture will clear right up.
Everything is digital now, I think that's the problem. Stop by Radio Shack and get a digital converter box.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

bastian74 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
No, he needs a digital to analog converter now, all the analog channels have gone off the air.

So if you have TEP insurance, just drive over your phone with your car, but take out your xd card first.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:45 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastian74 View Post
No, he needs a digital to analog converter now, all the analog channels have gone off the air.
Lol, I beat you to it.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

The sight of that makes me cringe
How did that happen if you dont mind me asking?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:32 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

wow...

thanks 4 the pic...sorry 4 ya

i think this should be sticky-ed in the rom section or put the pic up on 1st post of 1 of the already sticky-ed threads...4 clarification to any1 that thinks they have a paper weight

i also wanna know what you did...?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

twizt3d is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastian74 View Post
So if you have TEP insurance, just drive over your phone with your car, but take out your xd card first.
After taking the MicroSD card out, if you did completely destroy a bricked phone so the rom could not be read, driving over it with a car/truck would prolly do it lol, will tep really still replace it? I prolly would just mark it lost.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

lol funny thread yea ill update the 1st post with what happened.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2