PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Flashed phone many times, now can't authenticate phone?

Ok, i never had this happen after all the ROM flashing i've done until now

everytime i go to make a call, it keeps sending me to Verizon external operator where it says "please wait while we connect your call to the nearest Verizon external operator, where you will be able to complete your call with a calling card or creditcard"

I did a hard reset and i'm using the MightyROM WAR rom... and i even did the provisioning that i always did ....

Edit: now it says after a couple of hard resets.... that "we're sorry, were unable to authenticate your phone"
Update: Ok, i'm getting paranoid now, i ended up dialing #8899 like it told me to, and the rep sent out a "security" update to the phone which now it finally works. Can anyone please tell me what is going on ?

can anyone tell me why this might have happened? and what i can do in the future to prevent this?

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.

Last edited by NCX Designs; 01-28-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

razgriz1138 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to razgriz1138
Re: Flashed phone many times, now can't authenticate phone?

That happened to me after my last hard reset, I just waited 5 minutes and it worked again for some reason. Couldn't explain it at all.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Call verizon and tell then you need the phone reset in their system after you did a hard reset.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I had this happen once. Don't worry, you can call VZ tech with no problem.

They won't know you flashed to a custom ROM as long as you don't tell them, just say you hard reset & now it gave you this error.

~John
Old 01-28-2010, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I had this happen once. Don't worry, you can call VZ tech with no problem.

They won't know you flashed to a custom ROM as long as you don't tell them, just say you hard reset & now it gave you this error.

~John
well thats good to know, and yeah, i just told her that after a hard reset my phone won't authenticate and she said she probably just has to send out a security update and when she did my phone stopped being crackily while on the call and said it went through successfully. now it works

is there anything i can do to prevent this in the future, i mean i flash rom's every so often and i don't want them to get an idea that theres something up if i call in all the time to get it to work.

Does this security update relock the phone's SPL ?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718

Not sure if Verizon phones has the "PRL" and "Update Profile" apps on their WM phones. But Sprint WM comes with them. You might need to get those apps if you can and you can manually fix it your self.

Don't forget to say thanx! ;]
Old 01-28-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink718 View Post
Not sure if Verizon phones has the "PRL" and "Update Profile" apps on their WM phones. But Sprint WM comes with them. You might need to get those apps if you can and you can manually fix it your self.
Well for Verizon, you dial #228 and it goes through the process of downloading something and it programs the phone. while its doing this it says "SPL Unlocked" and changes to other names etc.

Verizon really knows how to lock down there network thats for sure, it wouldn't surprise me if they really could send a program to the phone to check to see if your using an "official" OEM rom. Big Brother is always watching people.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

daeupher is a n00b

There have been several threads on this issue recently. I've noticed mine does that only after flashing back to the Verizon 6.5 ROM. I've flashed several others and everything connects just fine until I go back to that one.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

drtnsnw1 is a n00b

just went through this last night. VZW said it was an issue with there stuff and happens now and then. Sounds like it is happening more often. It took me about 45 minutes with tech to get mine squared away

Chris
Old 01-28-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeupher View Post
There have been several threads on this issue recently. I've noticed mine does that only after flashing back to the Verizon 6.5 ROM. I've flashed several others and everything connects just fine until I go back to that one.
Thats actually what i flashed back from, the 6.5 ROM sucks compared to the custom roms available.

but after I flashed back to "WAR" i didn't try to make any phone calls until today, so i didn't notice it until today because of that.

Thanks for everyone's responses on this, i'll keep all this noted and avoid this in the future.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2