PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All Around Internet Problem

I'm in MA, maybe it's a general NE thing going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkmyhtcpro View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc touch pro 2: Mozilla/4.0
(compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Same thing has been happening to me all day. I first noticed it this morning on my phone with super slow speed but with evdo connection. I hooked it up to the laptop via wifirouter and the same thing. I'm assuming its a sprint thing right now. Are any of the other people expriencing this located in NH also?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

I'm in VA and so far I'm still having the same problems today, I checked to see if sprint was having outages or workorders and they don't list anything in my area.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Just got off the phone with Sprint. There's nothing going on in my area as well. The lady on tech didn't really try to offer me any advice other than taking it to a store to get it exchanged. Seeing as this is only a week old, and brand new, I'm not really looking forward to getting a refurb.

Perhaps we screwed something up in the TCP/IP settings?
Heartisall, were you tethering while/before you had this issue? Maybe something while tethering screwed this up..

Anyone else, feel free to chime in with some advice.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Lurker

Taishou is a n00b

I am experiencing this issue as well. I am running the Silence rom and tether the device to an xp machine. Yesterday in the afternoon my internet connection started to go out on me. I gave it a day and then this morning attempted again. Nothing worked and I ended up doing a hard reset. Once it came back, I can occasionally pull up a google page, and search results come up, but once I click on a link it does not connect. I'm in the Northern Va area.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic

In The Office is a n00b

I lost all ability to access the internet via my Sprint TP2 (stock ROM) at around 10:30 eastern time this morning. Phone is working, calls are being received, texts are working, and PDANet allows a connnectionn but no data makes it through.

I also cannot access my email via my phone; has anyone had that issue as well?

Mind you, I made zero changes to my phone today, or to any software, and had no internet issues before this outage seems to have come into play.

I would really like to avoid a hard reset, and hope that this resolves itself over the course of the afternoon.

Best,
Ito
Old 01-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

robbierob03 is a n00b
Angry Re: All Around Internet Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Office View Post
I lost all ability to access the internet via my Sprint TP2 (stock ROM) at around 10:30 eastern time this morning. Phone is working, calls are being received, texts are working, and PDANet allows a connnectionn but no data makes it through.

I also cannot access my email via my phone; has anyone had that issue as well?

Mind you, I made zero changes to my phone today, or to any software, and had no internet issues before this outage seems to have come into play.

I would really like to avoid a hard reset, and hope that this resolves itself over the course of the afternoon.

Best,
Ito

Had the same thing happen to me this morning as well. As of now (1:30 PM EST) I have data coming through, but it's still the slowest I've ever seen it . In case anyone is keeping data points, I'm in Wilmington DE.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: All Around Internet Problem: Are You Experiencing This?

Well, it seems that I am now not alone in this ongoing problem...So it definitely sounds like something on the Sprint end.

I recall reading a few articles a few months back saying that Sprint was going to kill all tethering done without a plan. Of course we all have the work around, but perhaps they're on to it..? Could possibly also explain the slow data if they're trying to do something on their systems.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic

In The Office is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhollowworld2 View Post
Well, it seems that I am now not alone in this ongoing problem...So it definitely sounds like something on the Sprint end.

I recall reading a few articles a few months back saying that Sprint was going to kill all tethering done without a plan. Of course we all have the work around, but perhaps they're on to it..? Could possibly also explain the slow data if they're trying to do something on their systems.
FWIW, I actually have a tethering plan.

Besides which, I have ZERO internet access on my phone, so it doesn't seem to be a tethering issue, but rather (for me, in any event) an internet issue - unless it's my phone itself, but that doesn't seem to be the issue given what's being said in this thread.

I hope this is resolved soon; once I leave my office I'll be seriously out of touch.

Oh, my goodness, the horror!

Best,
Ito
Old 01-28-2010, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Office
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhollowworld2 View Post

FWIW, I actually have a tethering plan.

Besides which, I have ZERO internet access on my phone, so it doesn't seem to be a tethering issue, but rather (for me, in any event) an internet issue - unless it's my phone itself, but that doesn't seem to be the issue given what's being said in this thread.

I hope this is resolved soon; once I leave my office I'll be seriously out of touch.

Oh, my goodness, the horror!

Best,
Ito
I'm in the same boat as you, as this is my only connection to the net as well...what is going on here?
Old 01-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

I am still getting internet on my phone, however its much slower than it used to be. I am assuming sprint must be doing something to there network. Hopefully this is not to stop tethering entirely although the poster above said he actually has a tethering plan so if he can't get it either it must be an all around Network error. I did notice that when my phone was listed as connected it did not renew the DNS in IPconfig. I flushed the DNS hoping it would force it to renew however still no luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2