PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

murtynvr is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro2 Concern

Did i make a mistake by upgrading to Touch Pro2? I am with sprint and i do not see 6.5 in near future. And it looks windows 7 is not compatible with existing devices and even if it is, does not seem promising with sprint's current speed of rolling out updates.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide
Re: Touch Pro2 Concern

To me it depends. The TP2 is an excellent upgrade, and I wasn't too keen on upgrading myself, but since I'm a Premier customer I can upgrade again in less than a year and I can get a good gauge on whether WM7 is worth it by then.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

no, I don't think you made a mistake...as of the past couple of years...smartphones are becoming more popular, and the companies are meeting the demands. The devices are rolling out in shorter periods of time, and there are more hardware to choose from. Not to mention M$ is finally getting off their collective butts to play catch up with the rest of the mobile world.

You should think how much of a bleeding edge (way past the cutting edge) person you want to be when it concerns your phone. Do you want the latest and greatest?? then you're looking at upgrading practically every year, if not every nine months.

The TouchPro2 is already yesterday's news with the rolling out of the HD2, Nexus One...and now we're hearing rumblings of the HTC Supersonic. You can be sure that when Windows Mobile 7 rolls out (hopefully) next month, that there will be a slew of devices that will ship with it installed by XMas time.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:31 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

being "premier" customer is really a scam. its still not worth the upgrade. you only get 150 dollars off a new device. no rebates and no ad specials. for examlple the palm pre is sold on a new or eligible renewed contract for 149. if your only at 1 year and are ready for the "premier" upgrade they tell you the price is full retail minus 150 dollaars. the palm pre full retail is 549.99. so with your upgrade you pay 399. no mail in rebate because thats only with a "new" data plan. you have to be 22 months in to your current contract to be eligible for the sale price. theyre just hustlin you to get almost full price for a phone twice as often than the traditional 2year upgrade.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
being "premier" customer is really a scam. its still not worth the upgrade. you only get 150 dollars off a new device. no rebates and no ad specials. for examlple the palm pre is sold on a new or eligible renewed contract for 149. if your only at 1 year and are ready for the "premier" upgrade they tell you the price is full retail minus 150 dollaars. the palm pre full retail is 549.99. so with your upgrade you pay 399. no mail in rebate because thats only with a "new" data plan. you have to be 22 months in to your current contract to be eligible for the sale price. theyre just hustlin you to get almost full price for a phone twice as often than the traditional 2year upgrade.
Hmm...Learn something new everyday. No wonder they were so eager to give me the TP2 for free.

Last edited by WorldWide; 01-27-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:01 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

yea. im premier too and was shocked when back in november i went and tried to get a hero or moment with my upgrade for my gf only to be told it would be 374 bucks. full retail at the time on a hero was 525 dollars. they said the mail in might work if i went ahead and tried, but they wouldnt send it through for me as all the other reps had when i had bought new phones in store. also you get in to a cycle of never getting a true full upgrade, because you sign a new contract once a year now to get the upgrade. youll never reach the 22 month eligibility. sprint was all like bwaaaahhh haaaa haaahaaa!!!!!!!! theyre so evil. but i like em.

*****btw, she did not get a hero or a moment, she got a tp2 through assurion due to a cracked screen.

Last edited by austin420; 01-27-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started

The TP2 is a great device. If Sprint won't give you 6.5, do a cooked ROM. I am on Mighty Mike, and LOVE it!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

murtynvr is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

thank you all for the replies.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2