PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Touch Pro2 Concern (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108247)

murtynvr 01-27-2010 12:43 PM

Touch Pro2 Concern

Did i make a mistake by upgrading to Touch Pro2? I am with sprint and i do not see 6.5 in near future. And it looks windows 7 is not compatible with existing devices and even if it is, does not seem promising with sprint's current speed of rolling out updates.:dontknow:

WorldWide 01-27-2010 12:53 PM

Re: Touch Pro2 Concern

To me it depends. The TP2 is an excellent upgrade, and I wasn't too keen on upgrading myself, but since I'm a Premier customer I can upgrade again in less than a year and I can get a good gauge on whether WM7 is worth it by then.

amw1972 01-27-2010 01:23 PM

no, I don't think you made a mistake...as of the past couple of years...smartphones are becoming more popular, and the companies are meeting the demands. The devices are rolling out in shorter periods of time, and there are more hardware to choose from. Not to mention M$ is finally getting off their collective butts to play catch up with the rest of the mobile world.

You should think how much of a bleeding edge (way past the cutting edge) person you want to be when it concerns your phone. Do you want the latest and greatest?? then you're looking at upgrading practically every year, if not every nine months.

The TouchPro2 is already yesterday's news with the rolling out of the HD2, Nexus One...and now we're hearing rumblings of the HTC Supersonic. You can be sure that when Windows Mobile 7 rolls out (hopefully) next month, that there will be a slew of devices that will ship with it installed by XMas time.

austin420 01-27-2010 01:31 PM

being "premier" customer is really a scam. its still not worth the upgrade. you only get 150 dollars off a new device. no rebates and no ad specials. for examlple the palm pre is sold on a new or eligible renewed contract for 149. if your only at 1 year and are ready for the "premier" upgrade they tell you the price is full retail minus 150 dollaars. the palm pre full retail is 549.99. so with your upgrade you pay 399. no mail in rebate because thats only with a "new" data plan. you have to be 22 months in to your current contract to be eligible for the sale price. theyre just hustlin you to get almost full price for a phone twice as often than the traditional 2year upgrade.

WorldWide 01-27-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1520540)
being "premier" customer is really a scam. its still not worth the upgrade. you only get 150 dollars off a new device. no rebates and no ad specials. for examlple the palm pre is sold on a new or eligible renewed contract for 149. if your only at 1 year and are ready for the "premier" upgrade they tell you the price is full retail minus 150 dollaars. the palm pre full retail is 549.99. so with your upgrade you pay 399. no mail in rebate because thats only with a "new" data plan. you have to be 22 months in to your current contract to be eligible for the sale price. theyre just hustlin you to get almost full price for a phone twice as often than the traditional 2year upgrade.

Hmm...Learn something new everyday. No wonder they were so eager to give me the TP2 for free.

austin420 01-27-2010 02:01 PM

yea. im premier too and was shocked when back in november i went and tried to get a hero or moment with my upgrade for my gf only to be told it would be 374 bucks. full retail at the time on a hero was 525 dollars. they said the mail in might work if i went ahead and tried, but they wouldnt send it through for me as all the other reps had when i had bought new phones in store. also you get in to a cycle of never getting a true full upgrade, because you sign a new contract once a year now to get the upgrade. youll never reach the 22 month eligibility. sprint was all like bwaaaahhh haaaa haaahaaa!!!!!!!! theyre so evil. but i like em.

*****btw, she did not get a hero or a moment, she got a tp2 through assurion due to a cracked screen.

skipster 01-27-2010 02:07 PM

The TP2 is a great device. If Sprint won't give you 6.5, do a cooked ROM. I am on Mighty Mike, and LOVE it!

murtynvr 01-27-2010 02:19 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

thank you all for the replies.