PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bbawkon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Sprint TP2 BestSkinsEver - Fail

So I bought the Best Skins Ever full body skin for the Sprint Touch Pro 2. Here's my rundown.

The material is pretty good. Not overly 'sticky' for finger or stylus, but feels like it will protect quite well.

The price was excellent. Even with no sale or coupon, it was $9.99 delivered to my door. Shipping was fast by USPS First Class.

Here's the fail. It fits like s**t.

The piece for the battery door is shaped well, but has big 'notches' cut out of the corners so that it will fold around the edges. These notches are cut way too big, and so the skin doesn't cover about 1/4 of an inch of the radius of the edge - the exact place where you can pretty much bet your TP2 will land if you drop it.

The piece for the screen itself is about 1mm too narrow and about 2mm to short. I know those seem like tiny little numbers, but believe me, it looks like crap with a gap around the screen, and you can bet this area will fill with 'stuff' and eventually cause the skin to peel.

The 4 pieces that go around the screen are by far the worst of them all. They are designed to sit on the angled area around the screen and fold slightly down over the side. They are, however, cut so that only about 1-2mm of the material actually folds over the edge - trying to get 1mm worth of material to 'stick' enough to hold the bend = nearly impossible. I got mine on perfectly, and within 10 minutes of 'use', i had already peeled up two sides.

Cost = $9.99
Value = $0.01

I will be requesting a refund. BestSkinsEver should be ashamed to sell a product this bad. For any price, it simply doesn't work.

Ben
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4g / Touch_Pro2

captblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on repcaptblaze is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint TP2 BestSkinsEver - Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbawkon View Post
So I bought the Best Skins Ever full body skin for the Sprint Touch Pro 2. Here's my rundown.

The material is pretty good. Not overly 'sticky' for finger or stylus, but feels like it will protect quite well.

The price was excellent. Even with no sale or coupon, it was $9.99 delivered to my door. Shipping was fast by USPS First Class.

Here's the fail. It fits like s**t.

Cost = $9.99
Value = $0.01

I will be requesting a refund. BestSkinsEver should be ashamed to sell a product this bad. For any price, it simply doesn't work.

Ben
thanx for the review... i will be sticking with invisibleshield (kept my tp pristine) for my tp2
Old 01-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCell

Spelvin is a n00b

I also had a BestSkins ever and while the fitment of mine was spot on, I hated the way it felt. I removed it and now run naked...it just feels better that way.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

I think my Zagg sucks, what a waste of over priced crap. Feels like mush. Orange peel, and stretch marks. Cant believe they dont sent two..
Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

lou2004 is just getting started

I only use the front and back skins. I don't like the one on the sides.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spelvin View Post
I also had a BestSkins ever and while the fitment of mine was spot on, I hated the way it felt..
Same here, I tried a couple different setups on my TPs.

Although some of them work well for protecting the body of the phone, they ALL suck as a screen protector IMHO.

I ended up leaving the Zagg stuff on the body of one of my TPs, but using Boxwave screen protectors.

~John
Old 01-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

try bodyguardz, they are designed for Sprint TP2 and have a cutout for "speaker" grille on the back

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 01-27-2010, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

azurecrayon is just getting started

i'd like to slap htc upside the head for the elegant and beautiful yet stupid stupid stupid beveled sides on the tp2. that and the really slanted, rounded corners make it a hard fit for any skin. you cant wrap a skin over and around a slanted corner edge, its impossible. therefore some of the corners and edges are going to be exposed no matter what skin you get.

i went shopping around for a skin for my new tp2 and these are the ones i found out there, along with my own opinions on them =P i'd suggest anyone looking for a skin search out whats available, look really close at the layout of the skin, and pick the one you like best based on coverage.

http://www.gadgetguard.com/ this is the one i bought, its 24.99 on the site but i paid 13.27 w/ free shipping off ebay. supposedly lifetime guarantee, but im not too sure i'd get coverage buying off ebay heh. had the best side edge coverage out of the ones i looked at. i love the feel of the skin on the screen, not as slick as the naked screen but its not as "sticky" as some other skins either. i wish they'd fine tune the cut a bit more, the corners are not forgiving if you dont get it on *perfect*. i installed the back piece about 1 millimeter too high and half a millimeter to the left of center, and one corner bunches a tiny bit because of my error. i blame htc for their silly phone design tho.

http://www.bodyguardz.com/ 24.95 off the site but you get TWO complete body protectors so good value for the price. i didnt like how the corner by the stylus was pretty much left completely exposed. also the edge corners were exposed a lot. again, bad htc but bodyguardz could have made a tighter fit for this skin.

http://stores.ebay.com/Get-Invisible-Protection Pink Static protector, only found these on ebay. second lowest price of them all, auctions start at 9.95. i didnt like the little pieces for a couple lower corners, and doesnt appear to offer any protection at all for those odd edge corners.

http://www.zagg.com 24.99 from the website. i was suprised to see it was just like the cheap pink static skin in that theres no protection on those funky edges. lifetime guarantee is nice, but not if your phone gets all scratched up because the skin is lacking.

http://www.bestskinsever.com lowest price at 7.99. i used this on my tp and liked it. pretty sticky feel to the screen tho. looking at the pictures, the side pieces are too narrow to fold over the edge and cover both the slant and the side, especially on the top and bottom of the phone, so you will be left with exposed sides and a poor fit on the edge.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Touch Pro TWO!

Beandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good workBeandogg is keeping up the good work

Phantomskinz! Learned about it on this site. I've used Zagg, BSE, they both suck compared to phantomskinz. Most people can't even tell that I have a screen protector. Orange peel effect is minimal, and not as tacky as intellishield, but still keeps the phone from slipping off a golf cart.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

bullhead00 is keeping up the good workbullhead00 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bullhead00

Bought a Gadget Guardz for my TP2 before I even got my phone. Been using it for about 4 months and it still looks brand new, not peeling at all. I haven't had any complaints on it whatsoever. The fit was as near perfect as you can get and you get full coverage protection. It's also not too sticky.

I bought mine off of ebay. The guy that had it listed had it for 13.97 with free shipping. However, he had a make an offer button and I offered him $12.00, which he took!!

Came in the original Gadget Guardz box with a lifetime warranty!

06 GTO Quicksilver/Red leather/M6, 1 of 104

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2