PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
now i'm jelous

i just lefft sprint store and the tp2 was there. first time i seen one, and afetr playing with it, i would like to see what else comes to sprint, or i may try to upgrade my tp1
Old 01-26-2010, 04:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: now i'm jelous

Ummm..i'd upgrade. TP2 is a good device.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 01-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

piedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuffpiedra92 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
Ummm..i'd upgrade. TP2 is a good device.
Have you seen the images of the HTC Supersonic that is rumored for Sprint? It is the US version of HD2 with Android 2.1 and SenseUI. I have the TP2 but if this arrives by this December (Upgrade time!) I just might make the move.

If I posted something thats helps don't forget to hit Thanks!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
i just lefft sprint store and the tp2 was there. first time i seen one, and afetr playing with it, i would like to see what else comes to sprint, or i may try to upgrade my tp1
tp2 is soon to be an outdated device. it would be like going to the dealership and purchasing a 2010 model when all the 2011 models drop this summer. tmobile is bringing on the hd2 in march and those specs are killing the tp2 so its only reasonable that sprint will have something soon after to at least compete with it or keep its winmo based customers.
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Threadstarter

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

i really have no intrest in androids, want to be on the 7 bandwaggon my my tp is dieing and only looking for replacement/upgrade to get 6.5 stock rom until 7 comes and i'm sure hd2 7 won't hit sprint.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Tim Smith is keeping up the good workTim Smith is keeping up the good work

If you haven't got a new phone yet I'd say wait to see what Microsoft announces as far as Windows 7 Mobile goes. Between 7 and snapdragon dual processors some amazing phones could be coming later this year.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
i really have no intrest in androids, want to be on the 7 bandwaggon my my tp is dieing and only looking for replacement/upgrade to get 6.5 stock rom until 7 comes and i'm sure hd2 7 won't hit sprint.
correct sprint isn't getting the hd2 but it doesn't mean they won't get anything comparable. you're trying to buy a 6.1 device when winmo 7 is coming out this year. lg has already stated they are releasing winmo 7 phones and lg and sprint are now buddy buddy. its your decision, just remember if you don't want to pay full price for the phone, you only get 1 upgrade per year and if that, some people its still 2years.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I wouldnt bother upgrading now. You'll be kicking yourself this fall if you upgrade now. If your phone is dieing, I would have it replaced under insurance. If you dont have insurance, you should be able to get it by borrowing someones sprint phone and switching devices. I hear you can apply for the insurance within 30 days of activating any phone on your line.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
also sprint hasn't released a stock rom for 6.5, so if you buy a tp2 you will be buying a 6.1 device. tp2 will never see winmo 7.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsungEPIC
Carrier: sprint

lazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on replazydazed is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wowie Zowie..looks friggin cool..gonna have to buy bigger pants so the darn thing can fit... http://www.unwiredview.com/2010/01/2...-clear-photos/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2