PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Water indicator activated, but no water damage...?

Hey guys,

It looks like my water indicator on my Sprint Touch Pro 2 has been activated. It is solid red. But, I have had no contact with water.

Currently, the phone works flawlessly and has had no signs of water damage.

I am worried what Sprint is going to think when I do have a problem not water related. I have a feeling they are going to tell me it's water damage because the sticker says so.

I do have the monthly insurance coverage, but I'm guessing I will have to pay a lot more with this sticker being a liar.

Does anyone have any suggestions, Sprint internal experience, or past experience with this same issue? I basically don't want to have to pay a lot more for something that I didn't do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. I talked to Sprint, and they didn't help me much. Said that I would have to pay more regardless... Doesn't seem right.

P.S.S. I would have tried searching for this, but it seems that the google search has disappeared for me since the site came back up 20 min ago. Anyone else experiencing this?
Old 01-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff
Re: Water indicator activated, but no water damage...?

All I can say is that the phone does not have to come in direct contact with water to trigger the sensor. For example, you forget your phone in your car in near-freezing temps for a couple hours, then bring it into your warm house. Condensation may, and probably will form, if the humidity is high enough, triggering the sensor. Taking the phone into the bathroom while you take a shower will do the same.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:08 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sweaty hands can activate the indicator as well....
Old 01-19-2010, 10:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro.
Carrier: Telus

Icedgreece is a n00b

My Telus HTC Touch is also the same. The litmus paper is Bloodshot red. I am an athlete, so I'm sure it was sweat that caused it. Telus told me than in their phones, there is another way of indicating if there was major water damage, ie; Washing Machine, Pool, Puddle, etc. So I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Good luck !
Old 01-19-2010, 10:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: SPRINT TP2

DSIMKO is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to DSIMKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmethod3 View Post
Hey guys,

It looks like my water indicator on my Sprint Touch Pro 2 has been activated. It is solid red. But, I have had no contact with water.

Currently, the phone works flawlessly and has had no signs of water damage.

I am worried what Sprint is going to think when I do have a problem not water related. I have a feeling they are going to tell me it's water damage because the sticker says so.

I do have the monthly insurance coverage, but I'm guessing I will have to pay a lot more with this sticker being a liar.

Does anyone have any suggestions, Sprint internal experience, or past experience with this same issue? I basically don't want to have to pay a lot more for something that I didn't do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. I talked to Sprint, and they didn't help me much. Said that I would have to pay more regardless... Doesn't seem right.

P.S.S. I would have tried searching for this, but it seems that the google search has disappeared for me since the site came back up 20 min ago. Anyone else experiencing this?
I used to be a Sprint Store Manager of a Service and Repair Center. I will tell you that when looking at those sensors they were taken into consideration each time, however, not only is it standard procedure but it is also required that they physically take the phone apart to inspect for any LD (liquid damage) or PD (physical Damage). So if you truly have not got the phone wet, when they open it up they will be able to see that. Hope this help.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Ship Jumper

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Easy fix is to put a small piece of plastic over the indicator with scotch tape to protect it in the future. As for now, there is a second indicator on the back of the phone just below the battery. Try pointing out that indicator is still intact and go from there.
good luck
Old 01-19-2010, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

kasim is keeping up the good workkasim is keeping up the good workkasim is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

you can buy those sensors(cheap) on the net, just google it.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
Easy fix is to put a small piece of plastic over the indicator with scotch tape to protect it in the future. As for now, there is a second indicator on the back of the phone just below the battery. Try pointing out that indicator is still intact and go from there.
good luck
Nice tip! I'm off to go tape mine up as the good ole humidity in the south will get 'em!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Ship Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
Nice tip! I'm off to go tape mine up as the good ole humidity in the south will get 'em!
Lol, yes it is... The idea came from Hypnotic in his
"Guide for perfection application of Screen Protector"
thread
Old 01-19-2010, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: -VZW-

shmackitup is just getting started

I dropped my TP2 in my dogs water dish and it was fine!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2