PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why no WM 7 leaked ROMs?

It seems like there is a new WM 6.5 build leaked every other day. Why have we not seem early builds of WM 7? Is the development still too premature?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Why no WM 7 leaked ROMs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkimbler View Post
It seems like there is a new WM 6.5 build leaked every other day. Why have we not seem early builds of WM 7? Is the development still too premature?
Not only that, our device doesn't even meet the minimum requirement of WM7.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkimbler View Post
Also the phone has to be rooted or whatever they want to call it. Its not built on the same platform, so once winmo 7 is actually leaked, someone will have to root the whole platform. it will not work on tp2. Basically the same reason you can't put android on your phone yet, with winmo 7 it will be the same exact thing.
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 01-18-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I think MS still doesn't know what their next OS will become. Thanks to Android I believe they are going back to the drawing board to see what they need to do. As we near a potential release i'm sure they will leak a few versions to get public reaction...
Old 01-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

M$ don't want too leak it too early in case Apple and Google steal some of their ideas. They will probably leak it when its close to its release date to get some free media advertising.

Right now M$ doesn't mind leaking their 6.5 stuff because they know nobody wants to copy their old @ss ideas when iPhone and Android are way better OSes.

Last edited by NIKKG; 01-18-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:30 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
M$ don't want too leak it too early in case Apple and Google steal some of their ideas. They will probably leak it when its close to its release date to get some free media advertising.
the only thing we might get is leaked pictures but a leaked rom isn't going to happen. even with a leaked rom, we wouldn't be able to do anything with it. If someone gives you an android rom or and apple rom there is no way to load it to our tp2s, winmo 7 is going to be the same way.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I've got WM7 on my TP2 right now.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 01-18-2010, 10:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
I've got WM7 on my TP2 right now.
Hahaha Haahaha Hahahah hahahaha

NO
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I am convinced windows 6.5.x is really windows 7.........I think we would see some leaks by now if they had plans to actually release something this year.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO/NEXUS S

irishpimp103 is a n00b

they do have leaks, some guy in Russia got a version. Also the podcast for a wm dev team had them discussing the winmo 7 or "seven". HD2 is the only phone right now that could even handle it. they might release two versions, a media and biz. Now whether or not they release it this year is a different story.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2