PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone figured out how to lockout data on Verizon 6.5??

Hello all

Well I flashed my first ROM, a Might Mikes as I was hoping this one would allow me to upgrade to 6.5 and other stuff but keep the data connection locked off like the way I had it in 6.1 but no go.

No matter what I do if I go to HLKM\Comm\ConnMagr\Providers\{7C4B7A38-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\Verizon Wireless

And change the parameter of "Enabled" from 1 to 0, (which is how I did this with 6.1), it will stay at 0, but then will always revert back to 1 an become Enabled again if I shut the device off and then on again.

So has anyone figured out a way to keep the friggen data connection off yet with the 6.5 upgrade?????

Thanks
Old 01-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580
Re: Has anyone figured out how to lockout data on Verizon 6.5??

There is an app out there I use called NoData and its worked for me on 6.1 and 6.5. I can post the cab if you'd like

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 01-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes please

If you don't mind me asking, on what form of 6.5 ROM did this work for you?
Old 01-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
Hello all

Well I flashed my first ROM, a Might Mikes as I was hoping this one would allow me to upgrade to 6.5 and other stuff but keep the data connection locked off like the way I had it in 6.1 but no go.

No matter what I do if I go to HLKM\Comm\ConnMagr\Providers\{7C4B7A38-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\Verizon Wireless

And change the parameter of "Enabled" from 1 to 0, (which is how I did this with 6.1), it will stay at 0, but then will always revert back to 1 an become Enabled again if I shut the device off and then on again.

So has anyone figured out a way to keep the friggen data connection off yet with the 6.5 upgrade?????

Thanks
Why do you want to lock out data? If you're paying for it anyway it shouldn't matter right?

And I'm surprised you did it through the phone, I thought that was something you would have to do through the provider.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Here you go. just toggle which connections you want on and off.
Attached Files
File Type: cab nodata.cab (25.2 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Uggg I tried it and no go.

It toggles it off but the problem is every time you turn the device on and off, it resets the connection to enabled.

I just tried it on a fresh a hard reset of MM's latest ROM with nothing installed and not even having run his carrier provision thing nor did I do a #228 thing an still no go.

Toggles off but upon a restart, its enabled again.

Man this is a tough one.

aaron580, I see by your profile that you have a Sprint unit, so I'm assuming then that you don't a have an official 6.5 ROM so could you tell me what one you are using?

Thanks
Old 01-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
Uggg I tried it and no go.

It toggles it off but the problem is every time you turn the device on and off, it resets the connection to enabled.

I just tried it on a fresh a hard reset of MM's latest ROM with nothing installed and not even having run his carrier provision thing nor did I do a #228 thing an still no go.

Toggles off but upon a restart, its enabled again.

Man this is a tough one.

aaron580, I see by your profile that you have a Sprint unit, so I'm assuming then that you don't a have an official 6.5 ROM so could you tell me what one you are using?

Thanks
Usin mighty previous build (not had time to upgrade). It resets every time you say? Hmm... Ive never heard of that b4. Do you not have data?
Old 01-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron580 View Post
Usin mighty previous build (not had time to upgrade). It resets every time you say? Hmm... Ive never heard of that b4. Do you not have data?
I have data for now as how can I not with Veri$on, but I plan to go with a new carrier soon that has a cellular plan with limited data, all for much less cost then Veri$on so I just want to be sure I can manage the data usage.

I tel ya I got this thing for Xmas and with 6.1, I was able to turn this off with in one day and for three weeks now I haven't used a stitch of data and with so much WiFi around me I don't miss it at all.

Just to note, about a hour ago I flashed back to the stock 6.1 and data is staying locked off again.

Also to note that in several posts I have read so far for the official VZ 6.5 update, many have been reporting registry settings that used to change-able are now reverting back to and the data lock out has been one of them.

Perhaps I'll post a question about this to MM thread but I posted several questions with this being one of them early this morning and with about 5 more pages add to that thread, not one person has answered any of them.

Thanks for the effort though aaron.

Last edited by WBFAir; 01-16-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

ebor is just getting started

Try creating a new connection. Name it anything you want. Have it dial 0 to connect. Put in anything for the name and passwrd. Go to the advanced tab and select networks. Set the "when using internet connection" to MY ISP or MY Work Network. Then edit those to use the new connection you created. I have been using this method on a TP2 for weeks and it survives soft resets. I do it because it is a second unit and I only want it to use Wifi. If Wifi is turned off you will get a connect error when it tries to access the cellular system.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yeah I tried something like that but if I recall then it would often try this connection for things like checking the e-mail every 15 mins or weather or some other automated thing and since it had that connection there then what ever started then enact an attempt to make a connection but then the connection would do things like ask for passwords or other info and then try it for a while an then report a failure and on and on with stuff like that.

I'll admit I didn't play with it much to see if I could get a completely trouble free operation out of it but it didn't seem like a very trouble free work around.

Plus I want to be 100% sure the data connection is off.

Last edited by WBFAir; 01-17-2010 at 08:59 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2