PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to stream Shoutcast streams?

Anyone have any luck streaming shoutcast streams? I don't mind typing in the IP address and port number that the stream is pointing at. Since this is what I have to do at work anyways.

I tried a few ways on the phone but they won't stream.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:11 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Re: How to stream Shoutcast streams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiblur View Post
Anyone have any luck streaming shoutcast streams? I don't mind typing in the IP address and port number that the stream is pointing at. Since this is what I have to do at work anyways.

I tried a few ways on the phone but they won't stream.
Try this .cab (GSPLAYER)

GSPlayer v2.29

Size: 277 KB
Date: June 21, 2008 (Updated)
Type: Freeware
Requirements:
• Window Mobile 5.0 / WM6
Download:
• gsp229wm5ppc.zip

Author: GreenSoftware
Home: http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors...
Email: mydo1em@nospam.mail.goo.ne.jp

Description:
GS Player is simply an audio player for Pocket PC. It can play MP3, Ogg Vorbis and WAV files. It has plugins to allow WMA, AAC, and MP4 playback too.

Combine this with a very good playlist manager and the possibility to have your own skins (some can already be found on the author's website).

What's more, you can play audio streams from the network and there is an equaliser with extra bass and surround sound. You can also listen to web radio stations. You can also use Shoutcast playlists.

**EDIT**
Here is another free solution with Shoutcast listings to play.(Kinoma Free Play) See pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (9.9 KB, 47 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip gsp229wm5ppc.zip (276.4 KB, 39 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab KinomaFreePlayInstaller.cab (1.78 MB, 39 views) Click for barcode!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 01-13-2010 at 11:23 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:26 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

The way I've always streamed shoutcast is go to their website on your phone (www.shoutcast.com), and start streaming your favorite station. It will ask you to download a .pls (playlist file). Do this, and you'll start streaming in your default media player.

Now for the trick...

Go grab that .pls file you downloaded, and rename it to whatever station it was. Save that file in your music location (or wherever), and now you can start streaming shoutcast just as easily as playing an mp3 file!

You can do this with multiple stations too. And you can copy those same files onto your pc, and it'll work the same.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

The way I've always streamed shoutcast is go to their website on your phone (www.shoutcast.com), and start streaming your favorite station. It will ask you to download a .pls (playlist file). Do this, and you'll start streaming in your default media player.

Now for the trick...

Go grab that .pls file you downloaded, and rename it to whatever station it was. Save that file in your music location (or wherever), and now you can start streaming shoutcast just as easily as playing an mp3 file!

You can do this with multiple stations too. And you can copy those same files onto your pc, and it'll work the same.
I was just about to post something similar about this. GSPlayer plays the PLS files with no issue. I've already been downloading them and renaming them. Pretty cool stuff. I had a Roku playing Pandora at home that I would pipe into my Slingplayer. Then I would attach via the Slingplayer app on the phone piped into my car stereo. Around the world to get there but it worked great. This will be much easier! Thanks again!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:38 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Yea, I use Coreplayer to play them, and use VLC to play them on the PC. Since I have a few stations I listen to, with VLC, I need to queue up each station, then go into the playlist (CTRL + L), and remove the extras. (It makes more sense when you're playing them on the PC. This way, I can switch between different shoutcast playlist files as if the were tracks.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post

Now for the trick...

This is exactly what I do. I used to use gsplayer but I now use core player because it has bigger buttons for play, fwd, etc. You can also use Mort player but that ones too buggy for me.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

GS player also has a built in timer and display "off" setting so you do not have to use another program if you like to go to sleep to your music and not waste battery .
Old 01-13-2010, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

PdaOd is a n00b

I do the same with TCPMP, which also supports AAC+. I keyboard remap the buttons so I can move between tracks or stations. I use the back button single click for next track, double click for previous track, triple click for file open and hold for enter. I make playlists with various station streams, and then make shortcuts to them in the start menu. That way I can start a playlist with voice command. Very handy for streaming in the car as I don't need to look at the screen to start or change stations.

I create the playlists in TCPMP and in Winamp on a PC using .pls files. I've got most of the AOL streams which are .flv.

Is there a plug-in for AAC+ v1&2 for core player?

Last edited by PdaOd; 01-13-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JustLok is becoming a great contributor

Thank you so much! I've been searching for an app to stream internet radio to no avail and now finally I can play shoutcast stations on my phone.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pctek4456 is becoming a great contributor

pocket player has shoutcast capability built in!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2