PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: AT&T

bossb2525 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with Sprint TP2

Greetings all,
Unfortunately, I'm new to this unlocking stuff and probably jumped the gun on unlocking this phone before it was activated on the Sprint network. Here's my story, I bought a Sprint Touch Pro2 off of eBay brand new because I heard it could be used on the AT&T network. I used the unlocker from htc-unlocks and, although the phone now connects to the AT&T network, I'm unable to use it I guess because the phone has not been activated. Is there a way around this? Also, I noticed the phone can detect a wifi network but when I open the opera browser on the phone it asks me to enter a Sprint phone number. Is there anyway around this also? Sorry if this is not the proper place to ask but if someone could direct me to where I could find the answer I would appreciate it! Thanks for your time!

UPDATE: Phone is now working on AT&T! Thanks everyone for your help. Now I am curious about some other minor things. Is there anyway to make the "Hands free activation" page go away? Since I don't need to get it activated, it's just kind of annoying (but a small price to pay in order to enjoy a great phone). Also, how can I configure my web browser to connect only to my WIFI so I don't get charged if it tries to connect to the Edge Network? Thanks!

Last edited by bossb2525; 01-13-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy
Carrier: Sprint

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Help with Sprint TP2

are u currently cvonnected to a wifi network via conenction manager? if so, u would either need to disable the radio so that teh phone only see the wifi conenction as a data source.

im not sure about ur cannot use it on ATT network issue. maybe set ur radio to GSM only.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

That's the default website on Sprint phones in Opera Mobile...just go down to the far right folder button in Opera, and go up to settings. Click on start page, then enter in the website you want your phone to start up with, example mine is http://www.google.com. This should allow you to use a different webpage on the TP2... This phone is capiable of GSM but I'm not sure for domestic GSM or for Foreign GSM...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

go to settings/phone/networks and make sure GSM ONLY is selected.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bossb2525 is a n00b

Ok. Wifi is working (Thanks Chris)! My phone still isn't working. I unlocked it to use on AT&T and set the phone on GSM mode. I've unlocked the radio so it detects the AT&T network but I still can't make any calls. I think it's because the phone has not been activated yet since it's brand new out of the box for Sprint. At start up I get a screen that says "Hands free activation" but says it cannot be completed because it can't connect to the network (I guess Sprint's network). Then another screen pops up saying "network configuration" and it's unable to complete because it can't connect to the network. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Boss - Unless you have your phone activated on some network ie - AT&T You won't be able to make calls. You have to call them up and give them your ESN or HEX so they can register your phone on the network. If you pull the battery or have the box the sticker on the back or on the box should have those ESN HEX,DEC on it. The phone doesn't know where to connect to because of this. Theres also a chance that AT&T won't allow that phone on there network, because it's from Sprint and uses CDMA/GSM. It doesn't hurt to try though. Just call up your carrier...AT&T and see if they will activate it on there end...and hopefully you already have an account with them. If they are able to activate it you may also need to get a data plan...Just call them and see...Good Luck.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bossb2525 is a n00b

Yeah, that's what I'm fearing. I'm pretty sure AT&T is not going to activate a device on their network if they don't know what it is (I'm not sure if it's even possible for them to do). I thought I could use a program that would get the code to activate the phone. I've been trying to research this and I've seen Sprint uses an SPC code to activate their phones but I don't know if it will work. I see a program that uses MSID and ESN to get a SPC code. I pressed ##778# to get a ESN and MSID but don't know if they are "dummy numbers" since the phone has never been activated.

Last edited by bossb2525; 01-12-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ChristopherJLee is a n00b

his problem is not that he doesn't/can't get it to work on att, it's that he can't get past the initial "sprint" activation screen/software. if the phone had been setup to work on sprint's network, then unlocked it would have bypassed the sprint new activation. this is an entirely different problem. you'll have to get a friend to activate it on sprint, and then switch their phone back after. not a big deal, you can do reprogramming online without an agent. that is, if you have a friend that will allow you to do this
Old 01-12-2010, 03:46 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

to the op, try changing the band while in gsm mode. i'm on my tp2 now, so i can't get all the links for you. but go to the sim unlocker thread, the last 2 pages have instructions on changing your band. hope it helps!
Old 01-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bossb2525 is a n00b

@Christopher - Exactly! Problem is I don't know anyone who has Sprint. I'm thinking about just calling Sprint to activate the phone by signing up for an account and then cancelling it (probably not going to do it...but I am thinking about it...lol).

@Dr. - I don't have my phone with me to test that now but I will when I get home.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited by bossb2525; 01-12-2010 at 03:35 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2