PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD
Carrier: Sprint

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Re: Elephant007's Sense 2.5 MMS Workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
Thank you
Which custom ROM and version are you running?
im runnin Mighty War rom, works excellent, even tho im not big on mms but holidays like xmas n such required me to send out about 30 of em to family members, so I had to run the htc sms disabler cab which stinks.
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 01-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint EPRP

dicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good workdicast is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to dicast

indagroove's Sense 2.5 with sprint working fine. wont be able to see in under text but its in sms/mms account
Old 01-04-2010, 11:15 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicast View Post
indagroove's Sense 2.5 with sprint working fine. wont be able to see in under text but its in sms/mms account
Thank you for letting me know, I've posted your results on the first thread
Old 01-04-2010, 11:50 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjunkie View Post
I can't get it to work on Energyrom.
Which version EnergyROM are you running, there are so many!! Please be specific
Old 01-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Work's on silence ROM........ w00t. Thanks OP!
Old 01-04-2010, 01:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

So you're tweak is:
Code:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{820D9EA2-11EC-4eb0-A71B-49F50DB4F28E}\InprocServer32]
@=""
Did you change anything in the arcsoft cab?
Old 01-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just to clarify, will this allow me to still receive pic/videos in the HTC messaging app? For example, when I go to my text message tab in HTC messaging will I still have my pics/vids threaded in as usual. Im running Mighty Mikes latest Impact ROM.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:37 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
So you're tweak is:
Code:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{820D9EA2-11EC-4eb0-A71B-49F50DB4F28E}\InprocServer32]
@=""
Did you change anything in the arcsoft cab?
I changed nothing in the Arcsoft cab, only provided it so you wouldn't have to look for it.
My tweak removes the HtcMailAccount.dll from the GUID that is why it ends up blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
Just to clarify, will this allow me to still receive pic/videos in the HTC messaging app? For example, when I go to my text message tab in HTC messaging will I still have my pics/vids threaded in as usual. Im running Mighty Mikes latest Impact ROM.
If you do not select VIEW when you receive the picture mail, you are unable to retrieve it through HTC Messaging.
I found out that you can view the picture by bringing up the message the person has sent you, press MENU in the lower right hand corner, then ALL MESSAGES that will take you to the SMS/MMS inbox, select the picture mail and you'll be able to view the picture

Last edited by elephant007; 01-04-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...

BGGDGG is just getting started

Hey Elephant007... The fix didn't work for me... I'm running Mighty Mike's War Rom,, the only thing that it did was cause the Rom to freeze up.. Did I do something wrong.?? Not sure.. Hit me back...
Old 01-04-2010, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

iceninja is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to iceninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
This workaround works for me, Sprint. I'm able to send and the person I send it to receives it, I can receive as well. Below is how I got it working for me... Remember this is a HTC Messaging workaround

Download and install ArcSoft file attached
Download and install Elephant007 Sprint MMS Workaround.cab
Soft reset your phone

After your phone reboots

Select Picture From Albums----------------Press the Share icon--------------Select Mail

Select Picture Message(SMS/MMS) ----------Delete the @; -------------Enter recipients and send

I know there are a few workarounds, this is the simplest for me
I don't know why the @; is there though
This does not disable HTC Messaging, so you still have the HTC interface for SMS messaging
Hope it works for you, let me know if it did

NOTE: Please let me know if this works or doesn't work for the ROM you are running, give me the name of the custom rom, version and carrier. I will try to keep the status updated with the information

I have a question, what does your workaround cab do exactly because everything you mentioned works for me by just installing the Arcsoft cab?

Ice

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2