PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

bastian74 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wifi tether in infrastructure mode?

I would like to use my wifi tether along with my digital camera and an eye-fi card to upload pictures real-time, however the eye-fi card only supports infrastructure mode. Well their "Pro" version supports ad-hoc, but it's twice as much. Are there any apps like wmwifirouter that support infrastructure or is it a phone wifi hardware limitation?
Old 12-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663
Re: Wifi tether in infrastructure mode?

I'm using WMWifirouter to work with my computer wired, and I use the phone as an access point for xbox. It's a little costly, but worth it. They have a month trial to see if it's what you want. Hope I helped a bit. Sorry for the typos but i'm on my phone typing this.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

WmWifiRouter only supports ad-hoc. Also, not sure why it's spendy, I don't pay anything extra for it.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro

azz777 is a n00b

both htc wifi router and WmWifiRouter only support ad-hoc mode, not access point mode
Old 12-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Unfortunately I think it may be some kind of hardware limitation. I have never seen a wifi tether solution that used infastructure mode. It would be nice as it would open up the options to additional devices like a PSP or the Eye-Fi card you mentioned.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I ended up purchasing a Eye-Fi Pro which supports ad-hoc, and i've tested it. It works well.

You don't have to upload EVERY picture you take, you can choose to only upload basic and or RAW, and you can also choose to only upload pictures with the camera PROTECT flag set on it.

So, I shoot raw + basic in small res. Then the pictures I mark protect get uploaded fairly quickly (500k each) and I still have local copies of RAW.

On my D300 this allows me 200 shots on their 4GB card, assuming I don't delete any.

It uploads photos on my sprint htc tp2 at the rate of a few per minute. (60 to 90 KB/s)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2