PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thinking of trading/selling TP2 or Sprint Hero

I have been debating for the past week wither or not I should do this. Let me explain this fully

I am with out a doubt upgrading to the HTC Bravo when it eventually comes out for Sprint. I have had a love/hate relationship with WM and am excited to be on speedy hardware and a new OS. I due love many things about WM but wont be buying another WM device until WM 7 proves it self.

I will be giving my TP2 to my wife but I dont know if this is the best move. She is not very techy and I need something that just works. She prefers the keyboard but I just dont know. I think the Hero would suit her best due to an easier interface. She needs it to check email and to check her schedule for work, which I think the Androids browser would handle better than current browsers on WM (Webkit browser, she has a friend with iPhone that can use all the features). Plus as an added bonus, the Hero would be my phone for the next 1-3 months until the Bravo or another high powered android phone comes out. I have been dieing to test this device out and start playing around with Android.

If I do decide to go through with this what is the best route. Ask Sprint for a trade, sell it on Ebay and buy a new one, try to trade... any suggestions?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:06 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Thinking of trading/selling TP2 or Sprint Hero

wife not "techy"... i would go w/ hero. i also was thinking of this 4 the g/f she has diamond now and i see her just not into it like i would be like its really made to be. andriod seems easier more friendly maybe better learning curve than wm, imo.

are you still w/in 30days? if so trade! if not try this forum to sell be4 ebay or maybe you get more $ w/ ebay, i dunno?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

I got the touch pro 2 though insurance. is there a certain section for buying and trading?
Old 12-14-2009, 01:31 AM
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

so that leaves out the sprint trade in...you could always call or if there is a store nearby try it out, wouldnt hurt anything... worst they can say is NO!

yea, i think its called bargian trader or other...i think you just post what you want to sell and see if you have any hits. never done it be4 but its worth a shoot. i do believe ppcgeeks say they DONT take responsibility but since your the seller, i guess you have to go threw paypal or sumthing and yea prolly basicly the same as ebay. but thats prolly the only 2 ways to get rid of the phone
Old 12-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi
Carrier: Sprint

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

you could try craigslist. ive traded a couple phones off there, as long as you careful and smart enough to meet in a public place like the mall or sprint store. or better yet a sprint store in the mall lol. that way you can have the employee check the esn's right there on the spot making sure its clean. both you and buyer/trader get peace of mind and get to walk out activated
Old 12-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

That is a great idea, I will have to do it locally then. I cant afford to go a day with out my phone as its my primary business line. I will try call sprint first to see what they can do though.

Any thoughts/opinions on wither this is a smart move? Still on the fence on this one.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:50 PM
HI Fly Guy

like i said, if ur wifey will end up w/ the hero, IMO it would be easier 4 her to nav. than the wm phones.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

I can say that I would not give up my Touch Pro 2. My dad just got the Hero, so I have first hand experience with both devices. The Hero just doesn't compare. The screen is smaller and much lower res, the soft keyboard doesn't come close to the ease of use of the hardware keyboard on TP2 (which is second to none). I think that the key is that you said she'll be doing emails a lot and a hardware keyboard comes in mighty handy for that.

Also, my wife is the least techy person I know, but she has the Touch Pro and loves it. I tried to suggest the Hero to her after my dad got it, but she wouldn't go for it.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

Craigslist is great for trading. I had the pre and traded it for a touch pro 2. I had the tp2 for a little but wasn't too happy with it and then traded it for the moment. These were are new phones by the way. I just sold the moment a few days ago because I was completley let down by it. Now I am back to my hero, where I should have just stayed. All this was done on craigslist.

Make sure you meet in a public place or even a sprint store so you can get the phone activated on the spot to make sure the esn is good. If someone is selling a hot or stolen phone they won't want to meet at sprint and that is the first sign something is wrong. This was mentioned above by another poster but I am stressing it again.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

I think the moment is the best android phone Sprint has. I'm thinking of trading my Pro 2 for one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2