PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ppcpimbackup not restoring txt msg correctly

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone who is using PPCPimbackup to backup and restore their text messages are seeing any issues? I am currently on Sprint stock Rom but have been also flashing some custom roms. I went to restore my text msgs and some of them are unthreaded while the rest restore properly....has anyone seen this or know why? Thanks
Old 12-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: ppcpimbackup not restoring txt msg correctly

is the backed up pim from a WM6 or 6.1 device?
Old 12-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone who is using PPCPimbackup to backup and restore their text messages are seeing any issues? I am currently on Sprint stock Rom but have been also flashing some custom roms. I went to restore my text msgs and some of them are unthreaded while the rest restore properly....has anyone seen this or know why? Thanks
i have been using this program since my 6700 and now that i have a tp2 this is the first time that it hasnt worked correctly!! i two are having problems with txts and my tp2

Old 12-10-2009, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

hathetran is becoming a great contributor

i use to have this problem with my mogul..it would only restore either what i said or what the other person in the conversation said but never both..havent tried it on my tp2 yet though
Old 12-10-2009, 05:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

use non threaded to restore. then once there restored change it back to threaded.

they will then be threaded
Old 12-10-2009, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

stevecn70 is just getting started

I've seen this problem a lot. And even if they are threaded, they are in some wierd funky order. I think because the threading is based somewhat on the order it is in the PIM.VOL file instead of the actual date and time. So when you restore, they are restored in some other order, probably by contact instead of in the order they were sent and received.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

RED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuffRED_RAIN knows their stuff

Microsoft my phone is a great replacement. I already fought this battle with ppcpimbackup and found no answers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

+1 for MS Myphone

i was using PPCPimbackup since my 6700 and simply takes FOREVER (up to 30 mins!) to backup/restore if you happen to have a lot of messages.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Threadstarter

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
i have been using this program since my 6700 and now that i have a tp2 this is the first time that it hasnt worked correctly!! i two are having problems with txts and my tp2
Samething here, i dont know whats up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hathetran View Post
i use to have this problem with my mogul..it would only restore either what i said or what the other person in the conversation said but never both..havent tried it on my tp2 yet though
Thats the thing its restoring both just not threaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
use non threaded to restore. then once there restored change it back to threaded.

they will then be threaded
Where is that option? I remember seeing it in the TP1 but i dont see it in the TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecn70 View Post
I've seen this problem a lot. And even if they are threaded, they are in some wierd funky order. I think because the threading is based somewhat on the order it is in the PIM.VOL file instead of the actual date and time. So when you restore, they are restored in some other order, probably by contact instead of in the order they were sent and received.
Yea I have had that before and thats cool just now its not threaded...

Any idea how to fix this guys or a better way to backup txts? The strange thing is that its only a few days that are not threaded and the rest are....i can see if all were but only a day or so arent....strange
Old 12-10-2009, 10:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

in the stock rom its not there.

i used advanced config to switch to classic, then switch back to threaded once i restored my txts.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2