PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

homeboyjames is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is it bricked?

today i was flashing my girlfriend touch pro 2 from verion used the spl unlocker and than i left the phone sit there for a min while waiting for the mightrom to download and the phone just shut off in the middle of now where and will not power up and i cannot get into the boot loader?

if she sends it back to verizon will they know i unlocked it or what?
Old 12-09-2009, 11:35 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: is it bricked?

If you havent already, first try taking out the battery for a few minutes then put it back and see if you can get it to power back up. If you end up having to send it in because you can't get it to turn on, they won't be able to turn it on themselves which keeps them from seeing that it is unlocked.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

p38fln is becoming a great contributor

Put it under a bright light and be sure that the backlight isn't just turned off
Old 12-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

homeboyjames is a n00b

nope nothing it doesent turn on or anything the other thing ive notice is if i plug it into a charger the orange light comes on for a quick second and goes off.. so i take it its bricked
Old 12-09-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

machek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboyjames View Post
today i was flashing my girlfriend touch pro 2 from verion used the spl unlocker and than i left the phone sit there for a min while waiting for the mightrom to download and the phone just shut off in the middle of now where and will not power up and i cannot get into the boot loader?

if she sends it back to verizon will they know i unlocked it or what?

Did u follow all the instructions for the unlocker? Did you actually finish the unlocker? I did this and thought i bricked it too. I hope you didnt remove the battery yet. i actually closed out of the screen and thought i was screwed, started the manual sspl and finished it. After starting the screen double checked that it was unlocked and then AFTER all that loaded the Mighty Mike rom. And BTW i have verizon as well
Old 12-09-2009, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

homeboyjames is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
Did u follow all the instructions for the unlocker? Did you actually finish the unlocker? I did this and thought i bricked it too. I hope you didnt remove the battery yet. i actually closed out of the screen and thought i was screwed, started the manual sspl and finished it. After starting the screen double checked that it was unlocked and then AFTER all that loaded the Mighty Mike rom. And BTW i have verizon as well
i actually tried that before i took the battery out and it wouldent work.

ive flashed several phones now and never had any issues like this i wonder if something just failed with her phone

Last edited by homeboyjames; 12-09-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
i actually tried that before i took the battery out and it wouldent work.
Ok, but did you finish the unlocker? You still never answered that. If you did, then you could have checked the bootloader screen to make sure it is unlocked.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

homeboyjames is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
Ok, but did you finish the unlocker? You still never answered that. If you did, then you could have checked the bootloader screen to make sure it is unlocked.
pretty sure it finished as i walked away to go to the bathroom and it was powered off.. i cannot seem to get into the bootloader screen tried all the diffrent combos it shows up as a qualcomm cdma trechnoligies msm on my windows xp computer
Old 12-10-2009, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
pretty sure it finished as i walked away to go to the bathroom and it was powered off.. i cannot seem to get into the bootloader screen tried all the diffrent combos it shows up as a qualcomm cdma trechnoligies msm on my windows xp computer

As the unlocker states
"at this point the device did hopefully went to a black screen. this is the SSPL version, which is temporary. then RUU (Rom Update Utility) will instantly launch.
9) some notes: when RUU says it will perform a hard reset and cause data loss, do not worry, it is not going to do this. also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes, ignore that, it will only take a minute or so.
10) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done."

Therefore if you finished it then you would have had the phone reboot itself and you would still have your normal verizon boot up. Nothing would look different. Like i said, when i went to the black screen, the power button and everything wouldnt respond. I had to run the the manual boatloader to get it finished, then it booted up. I also remember reading somewhere that you might brick it if you unplug it through the process but I'm not certain. I only read that from one guy posting and I dont know enough about it.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

i am assuming you did use the cdma unlocker and not gsm correct? gsm will brick your verizon cdma phone. i know you said you've flashed before, but just checkin to make sure you didn't grab the wrong one.

i am on verizon as well. when i went to flash mine (first time flashing a phone) i thought it bricked as it turned off and was unresponsive for a little while, i just let it sit there, and it eventually finished flashing. hopefully you didn't unplug it when you noticed it looked like it was off.

also as for verizon i believe all you have to do is hold down the "volume down" button then turn the phone on to get to boot loader...

check this thread, and maybe try a hard reset
http://www.sskusers.net/support/showthread.php?t=1341

although, if you plug it in to charge and the orange light doesn't stay on, then somethin is probably messed up

best of luck. if it comes down to taking it to verizon just play dumb and they will probably never know what you tried to do

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2