machek
PPCGeeks Regular

machek is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: is it bricked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboyjames View Post
pretty sure it finished as i walked away to go to the bathroom and it was powered off.. i cannot seem to get into the bootloader screen tried all the diffrent combos it shows up as a qualcomm cdma trechnoligies msm on my windows xp computer

As the unlocker states
"at this point the device did hopefully went to a black screen. this is the SSPL version, which is temporary. then RUU (Rom Update Utility) will instantly launch.
9) some notes: when RUU says it will perform a hard reset and cause data loss, do not worry, it is not going to do this. also when it says the flash will take 10 minutes, ignore that, it will only take a minute or so.
10) SPL flashes, device automatically reboots, job done."

Therefore if you finished it then you would have had the phone reboot itself and you would still have your normal verizon boot up. Nothing would look different. Like i said, when i went to the black screen, the power button and everything wouldnt respond. I had to run the the manual boatloader to get it finished, then it booted up. I also remember reading somewhere that you might brick it if you unplug it through the process but I'm not certain. I only read that from one guy posting and I dont know enough about it.