PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 02:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

poopboypat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I upgrade to the Mogul?

Hello everyone I have a ppc-6700 and a sero plan. And my ppc-6700 has just died. I was wondering if there was a cheaper way of getting an upgrade to the mogul? I have the good insurance plan on my phone so I can pay the 50$ to get my 6700 replaced, but I wouldn’t mind getting the mogul. I realize I would have to pay some money to get my phone upgraded, but I can’t justify spending 500 US dollars to get the mogul on an upgrade.

*Also is there anything that the 6700 can do that the mogul can’t? Or is there anything that the mogul can do that the 6700 can’t?*

Is there a way to get this upgrade in around the 200 US dollar-ish range? Thanks for any tips and advice.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian
im sure if you complain enough about the 6700, they might give you an upgrade. another option is if your store doesnt have any 6700 in stock.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
call your insurance company and explain the problem hopefully they will give you mogul replacement otherwise refurbished 6700. They gave me new mogul because I was on my 4th 6700 and they decide to give me Mogul.
don't call sprint they can't do anything about it...try going to sprint repair center
OR if you really want new the new phone just buy one they go for 350ish
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sprint-MOGUL-PPC...QQcmdZViewItem

edit: before when people looked at my 6700 there first response was its a fu*ckin brick

Last edited by furiousgtz; 10-11-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ebbtide is a n00b
You can get one by calling sprint, but you gotta find the right person and say the right words (such as, take this POS and shove it, i'm getting an Iphone...). At the service centers, it's all in who you talk to.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
replace yur phone

ummmmm just go to a sprint store. I also have the insurane on my plan. I sat on my 6700 and took it in. They gave me a brand new mogul in box with all the toys for free! I did not pay the $50 insurance plan.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

poopboypat is a n00b
when you took it in what did you say? I mean iv tryed calling a few places around here and they said they would have to ship me a referbished one or i would have to pay the 480 to upgrade.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
by the way if the phone just dies with no physical/water damage then it's not an insurance issue, you can get one for free if you have the $7/mo equiptment protection.... that type of an issue is covered by the extension of the manufacturer's warranty not the insurance part of the $7/mo (you're actually paying for 2 protection services)...

if you can't talk sprint into it then just get a new one ebay it and then use that money to help buy a mogul?

they seem to still be going for ~$200 on ebay...
Old 10-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Well if you have TEP and go into a store and it is broke enough to be completely unable to make calls, they are supposed to fix it or replace it on the spot with the same or comparable model, new or refurb.
But if it's broke but can make calls they are supposed to get a replacement shipped to you. This was what a corporate guy was saying said over on buzzaboutwireless.

In real life it is basically up to the manager of the store, but a lot of people have been having success at stores.

If I was you I would call ask to get connected to "Account Services" they can upgrade you, just complain about your months of struggling with the 6700 bugs and now this (I love my 6700 too by the way, just saying that bad stuff )
Old 10-11-2007, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Blackberry 8330
Carrier: Sprint SERO

steps is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to steps
If your local sprint service center is out of 6700, you will get a 6800...Thats what happened to me!
Old 10-11-2007, 11:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

poopboypat is a n00b
Ok, here’s the thing, I called all the service centers within 70 miles today, they all said that I would have to wait till a new or refurbished 6700 to come in. Basically I told them my unit was not working and that they told me that they would have to send it out. And I would ether get a new or refurbished 6700 when it came back. I asked if there was any way I could get a mogul and they all said no you would have to pay for the upgrade. One lady said I have to call the insurance company and she couldn’t help me at all. Am I calling the wrong stores? I’m calling the Sprint Authorized Repair Centers.

Now I’m thinking of calling sprint and I understand I should tell them all the problems I’ve had in the past with this phone and that I would like my new phone to be a mogul. The one thing that may be good is that my 2 year plan with sprint is up in 2 months. And that I can walk and get an iphone without paying the huge breach of contract, ill just pay the next 2 months, and cancel after that. And I’ll start my new phone plan at AT&T today.
I mean I have has a lot of problems with this phone. For example I have had 2 different batteries fail on me. Before my unit died today, I was getting 1 hour of NO use battery life and 20 minutes of talk time before my battery would die (this is with a full charge). Which means I had to have it plugged in at all times for it to work. The countless amount of resets, and many times that the alarm has not gone off and it was set correctly. Constant memory problems where everything was closed out but I would have to do a soft reset before I could use applications. Basically I want a wm6 device since I have had no luck with wm5.

Would this be a good way about going about this? And do my reasons sound justified? And wich sprint number would I call since I can’t just hit *2 anymore.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan