PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What size storage card do you have installed?
1GB OR LESS 38 24.05%
2GB 68 43.04%
4GB 41 25.95%
6GB 5 3.16%
8GB 6 3.80%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Brandon_387 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Micro SD Storage Card

I have searched the forums and have not found a suitable concrete answer. The question I would like to pose is Whats is the MAXIMUM size storage card that the Sprint Mogul/PPC6800 will support. I am looking to install a 4GB but would prefer to install a 6GB.
Thanks in Advance
Old 10-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

PFD251 is a n00b
Everything I've seen says 4gb is the largest.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
I haven't seen any sign that 4GB is the limit. In fact I thought someone had tried and succeeded with 6GB. Considering it support microSDHC and the microSDHC standard includes capacities much higher than 4GB, I find it hard to believe the device would support only the smallest microSDHC card. I think 4GB is the largest nearly anyone's tried, as the new larger ones are nearly impossible to find right now.

Anyway, you should have separated 512MB and 1GB so we could see who's using the included 512MB card versus who's using a separately-purchased 1GB card, like I am.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I haven't seen any sign that 4GB is the limit. In fact I thought someone had tried and succeeded with 6GB.
That was me. Sandisk 6GB microSDHC confirmed working without any modifications/hacks whatsoever. Just insert and go.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

supermanmcgee is a n00b
8gb?

You two with the 8gb cards... How are they working (and where did you find them?) My buddy has an 8 gig iphone and i would love to have more storage space than he does.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:57 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFD251 View Post
Everything I've seen says 4gb is the largest.
I've seen posts from people who talked to HTC, who confirmed that 8GB worked. HTC could not test higher since nothing higher exists today.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_387 View Post
I have searched the forums and have not found a suitable concrete answer. The question I would like to pose is Whats is the MAXIMUM size storage card that the Sprint Mogul/PPC6800 will support. I am looking to install a 4GB but would prefer to install a 6GB.
Thanks in Advance
since the phone supports 4gig (and thus, it obviously supports sdhc) I think it is safe to say it supports as much as any other sdhc device supports (MUCH larger cards than you'd find out today)...

I have also seen several reports of people using 8gig cards w/o problems on here and on other forums....
Old 10-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
That was me. Sandisk 6GB microSDHC confirmed working without any modifications/hacks whatsoever. Just insert and go.
Which ROM are you running on your Mogul? I got the same card but mine is only being recognized as 1.7GB. It does work, however. Tried loading it with over 4GB of data on my PC but Mogul still only saw the first 1.7GB I put on it. I am still using the 2.08.651.4 ROM. Even installed sdbus.dll and sdmemory.dll to no effect. I read a post over at XDA that said you needed WM6 build 17944 or higher in order to use any card over 4GB.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtndvm View Post
Which ROM are you running on your Mogul? I got the same card but mine is only being recognized as 1.7GB. It does work, however. Tried loading it with over 4GB of data on my PC but Mogul still only saw the first 1.7GB I put on it. I am still using the 2.08.651.4 ROM. Even installed sdbus.dll and sdmemory.dll to no effect. I read a post over at XDA that said you needed WM6 build 17944 or higher in order to use any card over 4GB.
I am running the latest Alltel ROM on my Sprint mogul (build 17745, AKU .2.3). That's the same build as the latest Sprint ROM.

So all I can suggest to you is to upgrade to the newest ROM and your card should work. I had the exact same issue on my Apache (only seeing 1.7 of the card) using older SDHC drivers--which had worked fine for a 4GB SDHC card. So I think perhaps that older version sdmemory just isn't equipped to properly handle the a 6GB card--even though it can see it.

But if you just upgrade your ROM--either to the official Sprint upgrade (you can fix the keyboard issue now) or to the Alltel WM6 upgrade (would need to modify your bootloader first) then you can fully use your 6GB card.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Sdhc = 32gb

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan