PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 01:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

Steve.G is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Themes Stuck Pink

Ok, so I was messing around with my wife's phone, and I sent over a theme from my phone to hers via BT. I sent her the Isaac Mizrahi Pink one from my Touch Pro. Well, she didn't like it much so she switched back to her 'Guava Bubbles' but when she did.. the selected items are now always pink. I tried several different themes, and it seems that none of them want to give her the good old red on red. They're all coming out with pink in them.

I'd really like to know how to fix this...

Old 10-22-2009, 02:21 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Themes Stuck Pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.G View Post
Ok, so I was messing around with my wife's phone, and I sent over a theme from my phone to hers via BT. I sent her the Isaac Mizrahi Pink one from my Touch Pro. Well, she didn't like it much so she switched back to her 'Guava Bubbles' but when she did.. the selected items are now always pink. I tried several different themes, and it seems that none of them want to give her the good old red on red. They're all coming out with pink in them.

I'd really like to know how to fix this...

If she used a 6.5 tsk on 6.1, then it left a bunch of reg keys thaat 6.1 doesn't use. Hense the pink. Go to:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\
In the registry and if there is a string named Isaac Mizrahi Pink (whatever it is).tsk then delete that. If not, all the reg keys are there...

dwizzy130

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:03 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Steve.G is a n00b

Thanks for that, I was able to find all the registry keys with the theme name in them.. however the pink highlights are still there. Any other suggestions?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:11 AM
iPhone Killer

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve.G View Post
Thanks for that, I was able to find all the registry keys with the theme name in them.. however the pink highlights are still there. Any other suggestions?
The ones with the names weren't the ones controlling the colors. It's the values of the other ones. Let me check on the emulator which keys aren't there in 6.1

dwizzy130
Old 10-23-2009, 01:17 AM
iPhone Killer

Ok I looked on the emulator and found that you need to delete everything except:

That should get rid of all the 6.5 theme engine stuff.

dwizzy130
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:37 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Steve.G is a n00b

Ok... no joy on that. The only key besides the ones you listed was something about allowing multi colored themes, which I had already changed to 0, thinking it would help.. but I went ahead and deleted it, and still pink.

I really appreciate the help, so I hate to keep bugging... but if you have any other ideas I'd love to hear them. You should see the Windows Mobile Green.. with pink highlights.

Strangely enough, the Windows Default (the teal one) doesn't have the discoloration for whatever reason.

I may just end up flashing it with the MR2 update just to get a fresh OS in there. More than anything though, I just find it really strange that it's STILL doing this.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I know i's a pain, but a hard reset should clear those reg entries. You have backups for PIM, etc?
Old 10-25-2009, 05:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Steve.G is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (Windows Mobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35166; U; en) Presto/2.2.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround
I know i's a pain, but a hard reset should clear those reg entries. You have backups for PIM, etc?
Yes, I do. I was just hoping for a fix because my wife likes to keep her phone set up just so without having to redo it. .. unlike me, cause I'm always flashing a new rom. :lol ..
anyways, thanks.. I probably will hard reset, and this might be a good excuse to upgrade her firmware.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Tags
pink, theme