PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 02:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

jhasty01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation ALLTEL: 08/04/09 (*22896) -- Issue!

I've been getting text messages and mail telling me that after 08/04/09 hits, to call *22896 for an update. Well, after midnight I tried to do it only to find out that I have no service. I can't call anyone. It's as if I don't even have an account.

I flashed my phone a few days ago but I put in the alltel dcd and I've had phone and internet until midnight tonight.

What can I do to fix this issue? I hope you know, because I can't be without a phone (personal and business reasons)!

Thank you.

UPDATE:
I think that someone who is an Alltel area who has done the update could help me. I believe that I just need the new information that goes in the admin area of the phone.

Last edited by jhasty01; 08-04-2009 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Thought
Old 08-04-2009, 03:23 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: ALLTEL: 08/04/09 (*22896) -- Issue!

Where are you from?
Old 08-04-2009, 03:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jhasty01 is a n00b

I am from Michigan, USA....I am currently in Michigan, but not where an Alltel tower is...so I can't do the update!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:49 AM
Super Senior VIP Member

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

are you trying to do a prl update? if so you can just do it manually
http://www.the-answerman.com/sidlist/prl/
Old 08-04-2009, 05:06 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jhasty01 is a n00b

Sorry, I am unfamiliar with "PRL" ...

I just know that I was supposed to call *22896 today to update my phone, but I can't because I am not in the range of an Alltel tower and would have to drive 2.5hrs one way to be in range.........

I was hoping that someone could give me a better solution to this issue. My phone stopped working at midnight..I need it for business, not just personal use. sucks

EDIT:
This is what I think......
They did a huge update, which requires me to change the Alltel specifications in the administration menu. I..
1) Need to know the correct code to get into the admin area (because I've tried all that I found on http://www.phonenews.com/phones/inde..._P4000_/_Titan and couldn't get in)
2) Need to know the latest information to put into there.

---
PRL
I tried dialing ##775 as specified in the link provided in your reply, and it tells me that I am not authorized to do this.

I logged into my Alltel account and saw that my last payment was received, on time, a few days ago....So it's not a billing issue, which is the only other thing I can think of.

Last edited by jhasty01; 08-04-2009 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Additions
Old 08-04-2009, 07:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

BigRedGonzo is becoming a great contributor

When they did that update here, in July, I tried *22896 and it wouldn't work. Then I tried just *228 and did option 1 and then (after it rebooted itself) I did *228 again and did option 2. That seemed to work. On my wife and daughter's phones, the *22896 worked fine, but they just have regular handsets, not WM phones. If you are our of area, I'm not sure what you should do.

Doubt this helps now, but when you get back into an Alltel area it may.

Just as a swag, make sure your phone function is turned on. I was messing with WM6.5 a few flashes back and had issues with my the phone function turning itself off. Not the power, the WM stuff worked fine, but it would turn the phone function off. Sorta like Airplane mode. I would periodically have to go into Comm Manger and turn the phone function back on.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jhasty01 is a n00b
Cool Re: ALLTEL: 08/04/09 (*22896) -- Issue!

SUCCESS!

*228 then press 1 -- worked (for PPC-6800 / Mogul / Titan)

This is for Alltel users only.

My phone ended up restarting a total of three times and then it took about half an hour to propigate. If you have any issues after that, you should be able to call and speak with tech support. If you have issues calling, try to update your roaming (*226 ?) and press 1, then it will ask you to enter your phone number...do it...then press 1 to verify...then it will transfer you to tech support. Make sure that you tell them you are an Alltell customer, because it will be a Verizon tech and they will need to utilize the old ('legacy') system to assist you.

Feel free to lock thread. Thank you.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Super Senior VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhasty01 View Post
---
PRL
I tried dialing ##775 as specified in the link provided in your reply, and it tells me that I am not authorized to do this.

I logged into my Alltel account and saw that my last payment was received, on time, a few days ago....So it's not a billing issue, which is the only other thing I can think of.
This has nothing to do with the billing system

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan