PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Lurker

icewindh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul On Demand?

I don't get it. I installed Handmark On Demand and I'm able to access it for the first time. Then when I close the app, there is no shortcut to run it again. Am I blind!? I don't see the shortcut under programs. I have to reinstall the app everytime!! Please help.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
The first install is a program that then downloads the app. Install the app, then navigate to the programs folder and click on it. On Demand will then download after that.

I would advise, as a previous user of On Demand, that it is not worth the monthly charge, since you can access most of the information it provides for free and in better ways.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 08-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

icewindh is a n00b
- Alright, I uninstalled the "Handmark On Demand" from the add/remove programs.

- I see the Handmark On Demand app in programs (this downloads On Demand)

- After it downloads On Demand, it auto-runs the On Demand app

- Then I exit the app and I do not see the On Demand app in programs

I pay $15 for unlimited web/data, this includes some On Demand features such as movie times and sports (big futbol fan). So I figured why not..
Old 08-21-2007, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: VZW

scottishwarrior is keeping up the good workscottishwarrior is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to scottishwarrior
When you click on start, it's the sixth one down unless you have changed what in your start menu.

Jay
Old 08-21-2007, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

HobbesIsReal is keeping up the good workHobbesIsReal is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus
The first install is a program that then downloads the app. Install the app, then navigate to the programs folder and click on it. On Demand will then download after that.

I would advise, as a previous user of On Demand, that it is not worth the monthly charge, since you can access most of the information it provides for free and in better ways.
Actually I have been using On Demand for several years now and love it. Of course I travel a lot, so probably get more use out of it more than most, i.e. it is nice to look up movies where ever I am, have 411, browse headlines and articles while waiting for my flight, see the latest sport scores, get the entertainment news, and now with the added travel / flight section it is even better.

I know it costs and I could get all the info in other ways, but I personally like having it all in one place that is easy to nav.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:15 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
On the Mogul if a program shows on the start list (the list that pops up when you hit the start button) it will no longer show in programs. After install the shortcut for on demand is in the start menu list. If you want it back in programs go to start/settings/menus and uncheck the box.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Lurker

omoks is a n00b
Does anyone know how to increase the font size in the On Demand. Talk about fine print! The text is so small.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Kasracer is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus

But there is no monthly charge unless you're using one of the, like, two functions they charge for like 411 and even then, you get a trial of it and you're not charged unless you opt in.

I've been using On Demand for about a year with my 700wx. Definately a must have app as it makes checking weather, stocks, and movie times insanely quick and painless.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:02 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

icewindh is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwarrior
When you click on start, it's the sixth one down unless you have changed what in your start menu.

Jay
Unfortunately, I do not see it on the start menu or the program menu.
This is really frustrating. I hate having to re-install On Demand.

-

Well I was able to find the executable PageOne and _PageOne in program files. How do I add this to my start list or program list?
Old 08-22-2007, 05:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

KoukiFC3S is just getting started
With the file explorer copy the program then select paste shortcut in the windows/start menu/programs folder

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan