PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul On Demand? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7458)

icewindh 08-21-2007 04:51 PM

Mogul On Demand?

I don't get it. I installed Handmark On Demand and I'm able to access it for the first time. Then when I close the app, there is no shortcut to run it again. Am I blind!? I don't see the shortcut under programs. I have to reinstall the app everytime!! Please help.

jamesus 08-21-2007 07:35 PM

The first install is a program that then downloads the app. Install the app, then navigate to the programs folder and click on it. On Demand will then download after that.

I would advise, as a previous user of On Demand, that it is not worth the monthly charge, since you can access most of the information it provides for free and in better ways.

icewindh 08-21-2007 08:05 PM

- Alright, I uninstalled the "Handmark On Demand" from the add/remove programs.

- I see the Handmark On Demand app in programs (this downloads On Demand)

- After it downloads On Demand, it auto-runs the On Demand app

- Then I exit the app and I do not see the On Demand app in programs

I pay $15 for unlimited web/data, this includes some On Demand features such as movie times and sports (big futbol fan). So I figured why not..

scottishwarrior 08-21-2007 08:09 PM

When you click on start, it's the sixth one down unless you have changed what in your start menu.

Jay

HobbesIsReal 08-21-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesus
The first install is a program that then downloads the app. Install the app, then navigate to the programs folder and click on it. On Demand will then download after that.

I would advise, as a previous user of On Demand, that it is not worth the monthly charge, since you can access most of the information it provides for free and in better ways.

Actually I have been using On Demand for several years now and love it. Of course I travel a lot, so probably get more use out of it more than most, i.e. it is nice to look up movies where ever I am, have 411, browse headlines and articles while waiting for my flight, see the latest sport scores, get the entertainment news, and now with the added travel / flight section it is even better.

I know it costs and I could get all the info in other ways, but I personally like having it all in one place that is easy to nav.

Big D5 08-21-2007 08:15 PM

On the Mogul if a program shows on the start list (the list that pops up when you hit the start button) it will no longer show in programs. After install the shortcut for on demand is in the start menu list. If you want it back in programs go to start/settings/menus and uncheck the box.

omoks 08-21-2007 08:30 PM

Does anyone know how to increase the font size in the On Demand. Talk about fine print! The text is so small.

Kasracer 08-21-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesus

But there is no monthly charge unless you're using one of the, like, two functions they charge for like 411 and even then, you get a trial of it and you're not charged unless you opt in.

I've been using On Demand for about a year with my 700wx. Definately a must have app as it makes checking weather, stocks, and movie times insanely quick and painless.

icewindh 08-22-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottishwarrior
When you click on start, it's the sixth one down unless you have changed what in your start menu.

Jay

Unfortunately, I do not see it on the start menu or the program menu.
This is really frustrating. I hate having to re-install On Demand.

-

Well I was able to find the executable PageOne and _PageOne in program files. How do I add this to my start list or program list?

KoukiFC3S 08-22-2007 05:09 AM

With the file explorer copy the program then select paste shortcut in the windows/start menu/programs folder