PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Lurker

omoks is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem sending International text messages

Is anyone else having issues sending international text messages?

SCENARIO:

I can receive international text messages and I can reply to them with the recipients receiving them.
However if I select the name from my address book they randomly get them. Sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

I'm trying to send text messages to England
Old 08-10-2007, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

Huggybear is becoming a great contributor
I have also experienced difficulty sending international texts, however it was before I updated to WM6.

I find the problem I have now is my phone doesn't auto prepend when I make a call. It's a royal pain to have to write a number down, place a 1 in front of it, then enter it manually especially when the number is in my contacts.

Any ideas for either issue? Do you think there is a relation between the two probs?
Old 08-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

omoks is a n00b
I sent it to CS and they created a ticket. They called me about 3 times and finally concluded that it was because of the "+" sign and I should be using "011" instead.

The weird thing is that I've been using WM devices back then PPCPE since 2001 with the T-Mo XDA to the IPAQ 6315 to the MDA. Actually in 2000 when I was with Sprint I used the QCP6035 which a prioneer for the smartphones.

Point is that its the same numbers and they havent changed all these years how come all of a sudden they say the prefix is wrong.

Furthermore, the weird thing is that sometimes the text messages do go through. So its def not a prefix thing.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

pavouk is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to pavouk
My wife is sending international text a lot and we have all our numbers in +420XXXX format and it works flawlessly all the time. It must be SMS center what screws your messages up or contact between here and England.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

omoks is a n00b
I know! All my contacts have been the same with the + prfix. I've gone through all the major phone carriers and over 6 different phones in 7 years.

The tech support lady left me a voicemail flatly putting the blame on me. "Sir; we look through your text message records and discovered that you had been putting the + preix in fornt of the area code, please use 011 and I guarantee you all your messages will go through. We will now close the ticket".

She sounded so cheerful and sweet that I almost believed her. I guess she was reading off a screen or something.

But then again the + prefix really is best for GSM carriers and customers who travel a lot. I take it since Sprint is only in the states that why they said otherwise.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

losplatanos is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to losplatanos Send a message via MSN to losplatanos Send a message via Yahoo to losplatanos
i am having issues with half of my number some go through fine and some i get a message back saying that the message could not be delivered because that number is not an active number. i have not been able to find a solution the only thing i could do is go online and go the company website and send them the text from there.........is there any web base application to send international text from our phone....i have unlimited web and text but i can not text half of the people in this area code 809 and 829

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan