PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: vsw
Threadstarter

Vacs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Programming via USB

Update on programming Radio's via SD cards. I thought I'd continue this thread until its done 'cause others may need the info someday.

My underlining problem was that I didn't have an SD drive on my PC. Well Radio Shack had a adaptor which can adapt a dozen or more types of media to USB. Plug in your mini SD to the adaptor and up pops your SD under "MY Computer" along with your other drives. The Titan uses an micro SD so you will need to get a separate micro to mini adaptor. These adaptors are common and often come packaged along with SD cards when you buy them. The device is called a "Universal 32 to 1 card reader/writer". It is made by Targus, www.targusdigital.com. Best thing is that it only costs me $7.00 at the shake!!

With that I was able to update the radio as described in the tutorial. I had the 3.42.40 radio, new bootloader, and DCD's ROM. The phone still worked but the GPS didn't. I tried all kinds of GPS programs, Google Maps, GPS Viewer, Live search,Visual GPSce, HTC GPS Tool. None of them worked.

I then finally followed the instructions given by Nathan and Chevy above. Phone still works but GPS don't just like before. Right now though I have a WM 6.5 Rom in the phone I want to flash a different ROM to make sure that is not the problem.

Any other suggestion would be welcomed.

Vacs
Old 05-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC6800 - Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

btonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on repbtonetbone is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Verizon made it more tricky than other carriers to enable GPS and aGPS. Their most recent official ROMs can lock up your GPS even after re-flashing. I am not Verizon, but this seems like a fairly successful guide at unlocking your GPS.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=717
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:04 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Did you make sure your location setting was "on"

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 05-28-2009, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Vacs is a n00b

Ivan, I'll check that thread out, thanks

Nathan, Yeah, funny thing I couldn't find the location setting option in the rom I burned. Unless it isn't in wm6.5???!!! IDK Thats one reason I'm looking for another ROM to just put in. I don't wanna bother with making a kitchen just yet.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:38 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Please state if you are wanting agps or standalone gps. Also please give me your pri version which is under device information.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Vacs is a n00b

Morning Drew and everyone,
I just want to use Megellon or some other navigation software. I don't want to use vsw's vz navigator program at $10/month. So if I don't need agps then the heck with it. I think the satellites lock up quicker with agps idk. I know the stand alone Magellon, Garmon etc..boxes don't have agps and they lockup well enough so why should we need it?

Right now my PRI is 2.03_002; ESN is 36624CFC and updated radio is 3.42.50, ROM is dcd 4.1.2. The esn and pri are the same as before I updated or changed anything.

About the ROM yesturday: The rom I copied (which was a wm6.5 rom) actually didn't have the "Phone" program in the Settings menu so I couldn't check the "location" settings. Anyway it didn't make any difference putting in the dcd rom.

I gave a quick read to the thread that Ivan suggested, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=717. Their procudure is quite long and includes everything I've done plus another 20 or so steps including several other programs, like QPST and Nam NAMES and also includes a bunch of registry edits. Is this what everyone on verison did to get gps?

Last edited by Vacs; 05-29-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You gps is entirely locked out. You need to roll back to a pregps rom to erase Verizon lock from MR1 and then go back to custom again. Steps are below and there is no way around it. Then just install agps cab and qpst settings or change registry for standalone.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...94&postcount=4

PS erase your esn you don't want to give that out. And just a note. You went through the whole process of buying some sd adapter when you can just use the phone to copy files to the sd card then flash and the sd adapter is never needed. And don't forget the thanks button on anyone posts who have helped you here.

Last edited by drewcam888; 05-29-2009 at 12:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Vacs is a n00b

Hi everyone, hi Drewcam888

Had a little car accident and so I am just able to get back to this now. In trying to follow Drewcam's advice as shown below.

"Your gps is entirely locked out. You need to roll back to a pregps rom to erase Verizon lock from MR1 and then go back to custom again. Steps are below and there is no way around it. Then just install agps cab and qpst settings or change
registry for standalone."

I did the following so far:
1. Used "Titon relocker" to roll back the bootloader and relock the phone.
2. Used RUU to go back to early vsw radio. 2.09.605.8 (Radio 1.30.00).
3. After this the phone would give the message "unable to authenticate the phone" when I tried to place a call. Had to call vsw and get a new "a code". They questioned me on what happened but I just played dumb, which was not to hard for me, lol. I should have said I'm just trying to get my %^%#* GPS working!!
4. relocked the phone using OLIPRO 2.4 via USB.
5. Installed radio 3.42.50 alltel.
6. Installed a wm 6.5 rom. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=513166

My locaton setting is right, in the GPS Settings program, GPS port is 4, hardware is none, and baudrate is 4800, (so all those settings are right). The result of all this the GPS still don't work, shouldn't it be working at this point or did I
blow it already?? Also, my PRI is still 2.03_002 just like before when drewcam said my gps was locked out.

Going beyond those 6 steps I'm on more shacky ground as to know what I'm doing. From Drew's advice above I have these questions.

1. What is an "agps cab". Is that the rom from step 6 above?
2. I've never found any clear instructions for qpst settings, is that just for A-GPS?? Do I want GPS to just run Megellon?? Will my regular GPS work without messing with qpst setting??
3. "Change registry for standalone"?? I know how to change the reg. but what changes do I make?? Could that be all I have to do at this point to make GPS work??

Thanks for all the help so far...

Vacs
Old 05-30-2009, 05:06 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

Try GoogleMaps. Click Menu then click use GPS.
See if it searches or says something like cannot locate GPS reciever.
You may also see if you can find a QuickGPS cab and run it first
Attached Files
File Type: cab GoogleMaps.CAB (979.0 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Vacs is a n00b

Hi Nathan It says"Seekng GPS satillites(0)". After 5 - 10 mins. it says the GPS signal is weak, may be a prob with GPS. I dont think we can read anything into it.

Another thing, my son, giavonnie on this forum said he had Magellon working on this phone about 9 or 10 months ago. He said he don't remember how he did it but he members a program called valhalla He don't recall doing anything else but he said maybe he did. He then gave it to my other son who took Magellon off. Now its been given down to Dad (me) and when I got it none of the GPS stuff worked. Was there ever such a Valhalla program the enabled GPS on vsw??

Last edited by Vacs; 05-30-2009 at 08:50 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan