PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 01:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Selltech is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Selltech
Stock 6800 Hard buttons stopped working

Was using the net to look at pics off my friends new car and after the pics on the next page loaded my side roller didnt work. Tryed to use the menu button to get up the address bar and nothing. After freaking out I did a soft reset (pushed the button on the bottom). On the home screen (the Iphone app I downloaded here) I pushed the white button to get up my calender and nothing. The Internet button, nothing.. Then I tryed to call some one using the green phone and you guessed it nothing. The strange thing is that in mail areas the roller and "d pad" do work, but nothing elce. The power button works, and the key board/ white buttons work. So does the ok button only on the keyboard part of the phone. I can only pritty much tap were I want to go when the phone is closed. Everything on my phone is pritty stock, no flashes or updates, and I havent downloaded any new cabs for it in like 2 months.
I have searched on here for some related threads, but every time I searched I received 100+ pages to go through. If you have had this prob, know how to fix it, or know were to find the answer PLEASE POST SOON! THANKS
Old 04-01-2009, 01:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

Bobvark is just getting started
Re: Stock 6800 Hard buttons stopped working

2 of my hard buttons stopped working.
Called sprint and they sent me a referb one.
but you should also check the button settings, make sure there is a program assigned to the button.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:48 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Selltech is a n00b

Just checked and all the buttons have assigned tasks. What are the chances that 12 buttons on my phone go out just like that at once. Is this known to happen. Also if I get a referb how in all that is ppc would I even start to transfer everything to my new one. (But mostly the first question)
Old 04-02-2009, 07:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

It isnt common for all 12 to quit but the least damage you can do is a soft reset (which you have done). The most damage you can do is hard reset and flash a new ROM. If that doesnt work then you know you have a hardware (physical) issue and the device will need to be repaired or replaced.

To copy everything you can use a a few different apps. If you want just your contacts, TXT, MMS, calender, ECT then use PIMBackup. If you want to make an exact image of the device to load onto the next then use SPB Backup or SPB Clone.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Selltech is a n00b

Well i think my phone is junk. Now I have to do is transfer all my contacts to my computer. I have been having a hard time transfering my contacts to my new laptop though.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Slorizon

joshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjoshkeller77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selltech View Post
PLEASE POST SOON! THANKS
Use SOTI pocket controller to use your PC to control the phone and back everything up. Then hard reset and see if it was a passing issue. Could be that your phones hardware failed completely.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Selltech is a n00b

Well after putting up with a phone that only half works I finally went to alltel and complained. Now Im getting a "new" one in the mail which will be here either on the 17th or the 20th. Being that this bad boy is discontinued their is a good chance that I will be getting the touch pro (something like that) The shiny one that look sorta like mine. Anyway thanks for all the help guys! PS the hard reset didnt work, but now everything is backed up for my new phone.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Let us know what they give you please.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:44 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Selltech is a n00b

Not a prob!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jayr0422 is just getting started

Most likely will get the Mogul. Even tho it's discontinued they have plenty of refurbished phones. I believe they let you know if you are getting a Touch Pro because some people might not actually like that "surprise" of a Touch Pro they were not expecting so the rep definitely lets you know that they will be sending a comparable model.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan