PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan

zim2704 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ESN Question

OK, this may be a subject that is not allowed to be talked about and if it is I am sorry and Mods please take it down as soon as you see it. If it is not illegal and can be done read on.

I'm thinking about buying a htc6800 that states it has a bad ESN. I was wondering if it is possible to change the ESN to a good one, say to one of my older existing phones that i know is good. Is this possible?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850/6900
Carrier: Sprint

Table83 is becoming a great contributor
Re: ESN Question

You are partially right about this being a forbidden topic. There are a few places that you can find information on this. Google ESN Cloning or something like that.

a quick search brought us this link. It's for the 6900.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=380172

The most important thing to note on this subject is that it is illegal! Unquestionably illegal! There was a forum on here recently that showed how to put an MEID on the mogul and it went much more into the legalities. But to make a long story short if you get caught it's bad. If your ESN is on the network in 2 places on 2 phones your account will get flagged!

Although I'm not going to lie there is a certain thrill in just know that you are able to do something like this. So for fun you might want to know how, but it is unrecomended to break the law.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Its not that damn bad. Just do it and and make sure you get everything done as needed. There were several threads about it here and I have read others by Googling as mentioned above. If any questions come up then you simply deny and blame it on ebay. The most that is going to happen it they will blacklist the ESN. The Feds and FCC guys are going to come looking for you.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is it even possible to swap ESNs of different model phones? I thought they were able to identify phones using the ESNs, I could be horribly mistaken though... Anyway, Google is your best friend in these matters, especially dealing with legal grey-areas.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:18 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

possible? sure, but we dont talk about it @ ppcgeeks...

09/02/08 - ZERO-TOLERANCE REMINDERS HERE
Old 03-25-2009, 10:34 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yeah I would not go switching an ESN from a 6700 to a 6800. That they will pick up on because it is in their database. Thats why you do an ESN swap from one device to the exact same other device and then they will not know.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:37 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
possible? sure, but we dont talk about it @ ppcgeeks...

09/02/08 - ZERO-TOLERANCE REMINDERS HERE
THX, its been a while since Ive read that. I guess were ok because were not telling him HOW to do it but only that it can be done. So I guess if you wanna talk more on it either find another board or go PM-ing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan