PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

400runner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro or the BlackBerry Curve

I've had my mogul for about two years and although the phone has many cool capabilities, its extremely unstable. I upgraded from the 6700 thinking my troubles were over and for a little while they were- then the problems came and once it started raining, it POURED! I can't tell you how many times I've had my mogul replace at least somewhere in the area of the high teens and sprint still refuses to upgrade my phone (trust me I've raised hell on occassion with the reps but I do understand its out of their hands) I've read on here that the TP is a much better phone but then I've also read threads posted by frustrated users as well. Although its cool having the WM 6.1 features, entertainment and touch screen, but I can honestly say I'd rather have a working and reliable phone more. Everybody I know with a blackberry is extremely happy and I rarely hear of any problems. I wanted to get some opinions on whether its worth upgrading to the TP or joining the band wagon and getting a Blackberry. I'm more than fed up with my mogul!
Old 03-23-2009, 07:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: The Now Network

pure_player52 is a n00b
Re: Touch Pro or the BlackBerry Curve

i had a BB Curve and i loved it and i still do i regret switching over to the mogul

there are less features but overall stability makes up for it
Old 03-23-2009, 08:01 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

There are so many threads on Touch Pro and Mogul... I would take the Touch Pro over a BB or Mogul. The BB is weak, I have friends with them and they are very computer retarted, so it's okay for them. If you're coming from a WinMo device the BB will not cut it, missing too many feautres and such. Oh, and don't think they're as stable as they may seem, they have their issues. Get the Touch Pro. It has a good screen and much more RAM which will solve a lot of these Mogul problems. The worst thing with it though is battery life, but hey, it's WinMo and battery life is never good enough. I too switched from a 6700 to a 6800 and I hate that my Mogul is a newer device but has RAM issues, the 6700 was great but I need GPS and more storage. Anyways, do NOT get a BB Curve, they are sorry imitation of a SmartPhone.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Threadstarter

400runner is a n00b

That makes perfect sense. I'm computer savy and from what you're describing about the BB, it would prolly bore me. I do enjoy the WM features so I guess I'll have to live with it... Thanks alot
Old 03-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

If you like to customize your phone to be "Your Phone" then get the TP, if you like the bb stuff then go to that but there isnt alot you can customize on it, if your goin to tothe bb because of its business suite, i beleive theres a way to get BB's business suite on the TP so best of both worlds
Old 03-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

lajuane is a n00b

I agree. I had the mogul and switched to the 8830 BB for sprint and had it for all of 24 hours. It took me that long to get bored with it. I took it back and got the TP and I'm loving it.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

jcevans7 is a n00b

I've used both also, the TP and BB. Got bored with the BB before the TP. Took the touch pro back before I ever found about this site!!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850/6900

Table83 is becoming a great contributor

Wait a few months and get the Palm Pre! Guy at best buy told me they will have it in May.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

I too had a BB curve - for 28 days. Then I promptly returned it. I used TPro and BB side by side (business and personal phones) and the BB just wasn't for me. I am a die hard winmo guy, and the last of "stuff" to do on the BB killed me. It worked great as a phone and email receiver, but that's about it.

[
Old 03-24-2009, 07:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

If you gave me a BB right now I would list in on Ebay and keep my 6800 or 6850 if I had one. Im just not a fan of the BB for many reasons with some being hardware and some being software.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan