PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC6800
Carrier: US Cellular

xljaylx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ev mode keeps dropping to 1X after Radio and ROM update

I have one issue. When I start up the phone it is in Ev mode. When I go on the internet for one it is slow then the Ev changes to 1X. It never did that before when i was on the stock USCC ROM and Radio. Also now when I use google maps it is much slower I am assuming b/c of 1X mode. Yes now GPS works but Data is slower. After it goes to 1X it does not go back to Ev Mode. I dialed *228 to update the PRL but that did not do the trick. Am I missing anything.

Here is what I updated to :
Radio: 3.42.40
ROM: dcd 3.3.4
PRL version: 15069
PRI 1.32._013
US Cellular

Thanks
Old 03-09-2009, 08:31 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Re: Ev mode keeps dropping to 1X after Radio and ROM update

This problem has plagued me when I had the Titan and I still have this problem on the TP. The only way that I have found to resolve it is to place a call (voicemail) and then hang up. It will usually go back to Ev after that. But the problem still occurs

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 03-09-2009, 08:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Try switching to flight mode, then back to phone. You may be in a area with weak signal.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC6800
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

xljaylx is a n00b

Here is what works guys. BTC helped me out and this is what he instructed and I verified it works.

Couple things to check. Make sure you have loaded the DCD USCC Carrier.cab, this should hopefully restore the ability to run #778. If not, browse to the windows folder and run EPST.exe.

Choose edit, enter your SPC code. Go to the Security tab, and then there should be 4 lines listed, the first two are EVDO login and password (labeled HDR) and the 2nd set are your 1X login and password.

The HDR login and password should be
YourESN@uscc.net and YourESN for the password.

your esn should be in hex and in caps, i.e. A1B2C3D4@uscc.net, and then the same for the password but without the @uscc.net.

The 2nd set should be yourphone#@uscc.net and yourphone# as the password, i.e.
6411234567@uscc.net and 6411234567

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan