PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Lurker

ttyRazor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
that's normal; any programs and folders that are selected to show up in the start menu don't show up in the Programs screen. Uncheck it from the Menu preferences screen and it'll show up in Programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmackdaddy
LOL. The fools left out the Mobile Office Folder from Programs. I have to use the Start Menu to get to them. Anyone else?

BTW, camera Hack Fix:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Camera\Image

Change "EnableEncodePortrait" to 0
Old 07-16-2007, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzub
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus
FYI I am uploading the extracted files from the update to the FTP so the kitchen gurus can start looking developing a kitchen for us...
A couple interesting strings in ROMUpdateUtility.exe:

password BsaD5SeoA
password w6Qm3Tpd

I searched for the first one and it seems to be the same bootloader password as some of the other HTC PDAs (like the Trinity), but the second one does not show up when I search for it???

Geoff
Frr everyone else, the files are on the FTP in this path:

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Sprint_R...NV124_new_Ship

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 07-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
So far I see no improvement in reclaiming memory. I went through a bunch of configuring, installing, etc., close everything, and my RAM was down to 18MB instead of the 24 I started with. Seems about the way it was before.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:32 PM
N00b

jgctx is a n00b
Just let me know if the BT issue is fixed. That right now is my major problem with the phone. I also wish the OEM's would let us use the GPS in the device and not leave it up to the carrier.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:51 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Did anyone bypass the ExtROM by soft resetting just after a hard reset? Any issues?

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
Did anyone bypass the ExtROM by soft resetting just after a hard reset? Any issues?
I have and the only issue that I have found is that I cannot get the Sprint Music Store to work. I really don't care, as I won't be using it...
Old 07-16-2007, 05:26 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Good, I don't care about it either. I just did this actually...

Can someone who has not bypassed the ExtROM go to Start - Settings - Personal and tell me all the options you have.

I only see 3 rows of 3 icons and I could have sworn there was another option there.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:52 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:

Can someone who has not bypassed the ExtROM go to Start - Settings - Personal and tell me all the options you have.

I only see 3 rows of 3 icons and I could have sworn there was another option there.
You are missing "voice speed dial"

Roll 1 Buttons-Input-Lock

Roll 2 Menus-Owner Info-Phone

Roll 3 Sliding Sound-Sounds & Notifications-Today

Roll 4 Voice Dial
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:23 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:

I posted this on another thread, so repeating here. Here's what you're missing and how to recover it without installing junk in the process

MP_CVSDcpl_20070129.cab installs voicetagcpl.cpl in \windows.

It's a control panel applet in Settings-Personal that manages Cyberon Voice Speed Dial settings.

That appears to be a (the only?) non-junk item you lose if you soft reset before Sprint customizations.

However, I was able to extract the .cpl from the .cab using Win CE Cab Manager and move it manually to \windows. Seems to work OK, but I didn't test thoroughly yet.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work
If i update my ROM version on the Mogul, will i have to call sprint to activate my phone again? Sorry i new and not much of a tech guy.. Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan