PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
soaked mogul =\

After work today my younger bro asked if i could watch his son i said sure.Hes 17 months old.I run in the kitchen to throw a hotpocket in the micro =p took less than 2 mins go back in the other room to see my nephew with my titan in a full cup of iced tea.....is it all done? when i retrieved it power was off i pulled the bat out asap and dried what i could used a vaccum to suck what i could out of any opening on the device and dropped it in a bag of dry rice havent touched it since. is it fried? i tried searching to no avail. anyone have this issue b4 and recovered? thanks in advance
Old 02-17-2009, 02:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC HERO !!!!!! TP2 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Carrier: On The now hero/TP2 network

jchill is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to jchill Send a message via Yahoo to jchill
Re: soaked mogul =\

I dropped mine in the dish water and after i thought it had dry i turned it back on and it worked fine for a while but then started messing up as is powering down not responsive to touch etc. So i had to do a insurance claim and got a pro the next day!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope this help you might have better luck in letting it dry than i did
Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good workgameover is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the fast reply.But i dont have insurance on it to have it replaced..Im hoping between the vaccuming and the rice will pull the moisture out. Ill update what happens when i get out of work and take it out of the dry rice ive had it sitting in.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:24 AM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

thats a good idea (the rice) i dont think its going to work but still a great idea because rice does suck up the mosture. do let me know specially after a couple of weeks.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I read of people putting it in the oven on warm setting for a short period of time then turning it on and having it work fine. i haven't personally tried it though.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Just leave it in the rice a few days.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 02-17-2009, 01:22 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
Just leave it in the rice a few days.
defiantly works.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

A hair dryer will do the trick as it wont get too hot.

Last edited by mastergadgets; 02-17-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan info
Carrier: VZW

praposo is a n00b

I would use a dehumidifier you have one, or know someone that has one!
Old 02-18-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

*update* after almost 30 hrs in the rice i decieded to drop the bat back in and it powered up(which it was totally dead after the incident) .Everything works but only 1 prob... After about 10 mins of it working perfectly the screen starts to flicker and turns very light almost white(like using the negative setting on a camcorder) but still can see everything.Gonna drop in back in the rice for another day or 2. ill post my results. Thanks Everyone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan