PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

KevinC2021 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to KevinC2021
Sprint does not like my mogul(s)

Well lets start with some good highlights to my service with sprint before moving onto the laughable replacement they sent me..

December '08: I bought a Sprint Airave for the simple plan to extend my service for my mogul.. Works great! So I call sprint to upgrade to the Unlimited Anytime minutes when within 5000sq feet of the device. Sprint informs me they already had that signed up.. So they were going to charge me $20 that I told them I did not want at first. Dismissed that since I wanted it then.

January '09: Get the bill from sprint.. $2,000 for the month.. Apparently the guy activating the airave switched out family plan to seasonal.. So instead of free minutes within the house, it was $0.75 a minute.. Took 20 Hours on the phone to fix that bill..

Feb '09: My mogul kept freezing up near the end of January so I went to sprint to get it looked at.. They gave me a replacement phone but found out the issue was due to an ice storm, the previous problem I had was because of signal inturuptions that locked my phone up while trying to reconnect or some stupid explanation they gave me... The replacement they gave me had problems recharging and shut off a few times, so they sent me another replacement... Now the QWERTY keyboard dosn't work..

In the last month: 26+ hours on the phone with sprint, 12 hours in total in the sprint store (6 trips taking atleast 2 hours each) and three mogul phones.. Tomorrow after work.. Another trip to sprint!

Any suggestions on what to do? Do I request a new and not refurbished model, or request the Touch Pro? Or am I just going to be stuck with whatever they want to give me, as in I have no say in the matter.. Any input is welcome!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gxip is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Sprint does not like my mogul(s)

Wow, well since there was the admin fee issue (i tried it last week and it was still working but on an account that hadn't paid the january bill). You can threaten them to cancel your contract and when they ask why explain to them the whole situation you just mentioned. Give them details, show your frustration and see what they offer you. They might offer you a different phone if you upgrade, or a recurring credit, or nothing at all.
That's how I handled my last problems with sprint and it seems like they are able to offer you whatever they feel like offering you. But I'm guessing they're going to try to buy you off with the least they can.
I can say from experienced that retentions has treated me pretty well, and for that I'm a loyal customer...at least until my contract expires

EDIT: I say you go for the touch pro if you want it, you could try to get a better deal than a new customer. Or you could try to get something free to the plan and keep bringing the phone back until you finally get a fully functioning one.

Last edited by gxip; 02-10-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I am going month-to-month now.. They keep trying to get me to sign a 2 year agreement but I keep asking them Why should I...
Old 02-10-2009, 11:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HtC Raphael

SuPeRw00t is becoming a great contributor

As long as you are at a corporate store, just ask to speak with the manager. Don't be rude or yell as it is not their fault the replacements have been crap. If you explain the situation of getting 3 bad replacement phones (they will verify this on their end) and you have legitimate time lost dealing with this, it is within their power to replace you with something in store. That may be a mogul, or it could be a pro. Kill them with kindness and they will treat you right.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Just found on this device white dots on the screen.. Yay... *puts head down*

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan