PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Lurker

destarr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Mogul Software for 2009

So I bought a mogul from fleebay and now am beginning to customize it. I have been rummaging through the forums here but am finding it very hard to see up to date software ( I have already accidently downloaded a few softwares that were meant for WM5). I really want to turn my mogul into a cheaper version of the Iphone (really just to annoy my brother in law who spent way more than I did and keeps telling me how great his phone is). I have already started the process by dowloading:

s2U2 version 1.35 (great first tool, really showed me the possibilities)

FunContact version 2.15 (really does an excellent job of organizing my contacts)

HTC Album

Opera Browser 8.65 for windows mobile

Now I need a bit more help with finding the rest of the software, I need something current for:

Youtube videos

Flash content on websites

Stopwatch (we use my B-I-L's iphone all the time for a countdown timer for poker)

Today screen Theme - I was looking at this one: http://www.iphonethemeforppc.com/index.php

And I would love something that would allow me to send pictures to other phones like I used to be able to do.

I realize that some of this info may already be on this site, but I could not decipher what was current info and what was information from 2 years ago.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Degeorge is a n00b
Re: New Mogul Software for 2009

For YouTube i know you can use the TCPMP cliet for windows mobile but you will have to go through their youtube site to see it.

And im using a "simple iphone theme by dwizzy130"

sorry thats all i got for you
hope that helps =D

EDIT: Files are for Iphone theme.
make sure claunch is above rltoday after you install the two cab. in order
Attached Files
File Type: cab INSTALL FIRST.CAB (257.2 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab INSTALL SECOND.CAB (363.0 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv 6800
Carrier: VZW

ggaeta is becoming a great contributor

the best way to get all this and more is to cook your own rom in the kitchen. it is as easy as pie. there is a step bt step process on the "upgrade" section of this forum
Here it is thanks to GAMEDIC http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=33857
Old 01-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

destarr is a n00b

Here is how far I got- I downloaded the ppckitchen software and went to update the software. After several attemps I have been unable to update the software, running into several errors as I go along, mostly ones related to downloading the 20748 file. I even tried to download the titan updates by themself and still hit a error. Is there some other way to get the files that I need for the kitchen application? I really like the idea of this software. I also tried the iphone app suggested by Degeorge but didn't receive the same results as posted by others. I am still learning, but with your help I hope to make my phone the envy of my friends (well my brother in law at least)
Old 01-19-2009, 12:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

If you're looking for a browser that will play Flash content, Skyfire's the ticket. As for being able to send MMS, install either ArcSoft or sMMS, depending on your carrier (ArcSoft works for VZW, sMMS for Sprint). Three apps I always suggest to any new PPC user are a back up app (can't overemphasize this one), cleanup app, and a file management app. See suggestions below. If you're looking for a very good (and very free) weather app, I recommend WeatherPanel, which can easily be found on this site.

Backup app-SPB Backup- www.spbsoftwarehouse.com

Clean up app-MemMaid- www.dinarsoft.com

File management app-Total Commander- www.ghisler.com

Last edited by Geekcop; 01-19-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Get pdaNet or read about tethering your Mogul to your laptop for an internet connection on the laptop, then ask your brother-in-law to replicate that.... end of discussion.... he will start taking about the "really neat" VGA display or how it "plays podcasts".
Old 01-19-2009, 02:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife

I use Ifonz a lot.
Radio: 3.42.50
Old 01-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

destarr is a n00b

Well I have downloaded two things so far that are incredible. I now have the pdaNet program. Awesome and easy to set up. I also have the new browser Skyfire, which again, is incredible. I tried a bit of the simple Iphone theme but I think I need to read up a bit more on it, my screen didn't look much like the examples shown in the thread (my 4 were at the top of the screen and I still had my two tab labels at the bottom, it also insisted on having 2 screens of stuff when I could simply fit it all in 1) Keep them coming so far my wife is starting to get jealous

I still need a stop watch program, especially for coaching ( I coach junior high track)
Old 01-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

g-watch(stopwatch) freewarepocketpc.net .. works great..

if you dont like skyfire, i dont, you can download FP7 for flash with PIE, but u do get errors sometimes, but reload page and it usually works..and for utube.. youtubeplay is a great app as well...

as far as your bros iPhone...tell him to send a video or take out his memory card...you win!! iPhones r junk
Old 01-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

oh and iFonz or something like that is suppose to be a good replica for iPhone.. also, S2U2,S2P,S2V are all iphone replicated apps for winmo users..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan