PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jhw549 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Solved HTC EXT usb multi adapter wiring colors! New pics and a video

Nope, you are most definitely not talking to yourself, I appreciate this even if no one else does... I'm thinking about making a handsfree system for myself, still contemplating how to pull it off... I don't have an input jack so I may need a seperate speaker system...

Old 12-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Lurker

spac3m0nk3y is a n00b

So, how does this work? Is there any feedback through the mic? I thought about doing this with my '06 Focus, but I will probably create something using the wiring diagram with some separate speakers, instead of broadcasting through my stereo system, which I currently have my iPod connected to.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

intel8052 is a n00b

I saw the

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
White - Mic +
Yellow - was not hooked up to anything
Red - Ground L/R
Blue - Headset sense hooks into the red to turn headset mode on.
Green - Speaker +
Black - Speaker +
Ground/Shielding silver loose no coating - I hooked to the signal wire from the mic.
Mic Ground - red and blue wires.

As the stock headset has 3 wires for the mic. +,-,and S their colors are White - mic +
Copper - mic -
Blue - S
list of all wires, but has any one cut their PC->Phone USB cable open? since there is an adaptor for charging the phone while using headphones, obviously power and audio are seperate channels (that was a given), but do the data wires of the usb cable and the audio wires of the speakers/mic have their own independant pins (in the HTC plug thing), or are they shared and it depends on what is plugged in (could have one pin tied to power to tell its a PC connected, or ground to tell the phone its the headset connected)? From loooking at it, in the USB plug on the phone it seems there are 11 pins, so 1 power, and one ground, that leaves 9.. which seem to be covered by the wiring list quoted... can anyone verify this?

Since I will be at the store today, I will ask sprint for an extra data cable since im sure they have them, cut that and see what colors I find... if they match I will try to wire a 3.5mm male plug for audio, a 3.5mm female plug for mic, plug (I have an old fashion 3.5mm mic headset) and let ya know if you can make a DC power adaptor and universal headset from a broken DC adaptor and two 3.5mm jacks out of the PC data cable.
Could i buy one.. yes, but then I would also need to buy a new DC power adaptor (the one I have is broken, think a wire broke inside somewhere halfway down the cable -_-) and a new headset as I lost the HTC one.

Gator2k83, do you by any chance have a continutity tester or ohm meter that you would be able to test the colored wires you have listed and relate to which pin of the usb plug end they connect to? Worst comes to worst I could completely tear apart the entire setup and solder wires onto the propriatary usb end that HTC has...

Last edited by intel8052; 12-29-2008 at 04:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Threadstarter

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

I left the usb side of the adapter alone as you can see in this pic.

I only tapped into the side of the headset 2.5mm jack.

I left the usb jack on the adapter so i could still charge my phone with the usb. As i have a power inverter in my car with a long usb cable to the inverter to use as the charger bc it has usb output on it, and my usb car chager has a 90 deg andgle on it and a coiled cord so it looked like crap hanging off the adapter.

I still need to clean up the wiring a little to make them neater but it works and i will get to that later.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

the usb side should be easy to wire out as most usb follow the usb spec and have 4 wires + grounding the wires u need are +5v and -5v should be the red and black as thats the color of most. If i were you i would hack an old usb cable up and use that to test with, plugged into the adapter. then you can hook up to a powerd usb hub or usb port on the pc see the wires then go to the other side the htc side of the usb plug and test what wires have power and or ground. Or just keep the usb socket and use the old hacked usb cable to use for hooking up to what u choose for power.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhw549 View Post
Nope, you are most definitely not talking to yourself, I appreciate this even if no one else does... I'm thinking about making a handsfree system for myself, still contemplating how to pull it off... I don't have an input jack so I may need a seperate speaker system...
what kinda radio do you have as most aftermarket radios and stock radios will work with an fm modulator, and sound almost as good as a direct rca input.

FM modulators are cheap and go in between the radio and car antenna input. Not the wireless fm transmitters. + they give you 2ch rca input. Sense i use my mogul for music and handsfree i don't mind not being able to use my cd player while mogul audio or handsfree is playing. I also split the input and i am able to have my regular mp3 player playing while say running gps, easier to change tracks. + i can have music while talking on the phone.

these are just some examples but can be found for around 20 bux shipped online @ places like newegg or frys
Old 12-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spac3m0nk3y View Post
So, how does this work? Is there any feedback through the mic? I thought about doing this with my '06 Focus, but I will probably create something using the wiring diagram with some separate speakers, instead of broadcasting through my stereo system, which I currently have my iPod connected to.

I have not had any complaints about feedback or people saying they hear an echo or their voice. I will have to ask. I don't normally have the radio turned up that loud when on a call just loud enough to hear the caller.

Time for my real test 10+hr road trip tomm leaving for Bowling Green KY to visit some family for New Years. Might not be on much while i am down there but i will get back on from time 2 time and try to answer any questions.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC PPC-6800)

ananimus is a n00b

Watched the YouTube vid. Very cool, man. Duping my comment from YouTube, hoping you check one of these accounts.

"I'm thinking about doing this myself, patching in through a hard-wired FM modulator in my trunk. (Old stock radio.) Had thought about splicing a mic like this, but was worried about echo in voice calls. Have you been on the phone while driving yet? Do people seem to think it's to echoey or that there's too much road noise on their end?

Nice work, btw!"
Old 01-11-2009, 03:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC PPC-6800)

ananimus is a n00b

Eek, sorry. Somehow the full thread didn't load the first time I was viewing this. Still eager to hear how that real road test and feedback goes, though. Peace.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Dude this is awesome!!!!! Did you just connect it USB to your radio or a different or RCA Wires???? Please let me know if you dont mind. I wanna make one. This is too cool to pass up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan