PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2007, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Sprint

CHUFLY29 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well, I'll be putting this theory to the test at the end of July, beginning of August. Like some of the people here, my joystick (what a POS) has started to sporadically work and not work. I went into the Verizon store the other day and they said they still had about 3-4 in the swap pool. My 6700 is still covered under the manufactures warranty until end of September, so hopefully I'll be able to trade it for a 6800 . (However, I'm not going to hold my breath.. )
Old 06-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
yea i just decided on buying, if i do, the 6800... keep the 6700 as a backup.. sell my sanyo 5600 probably.. im a stickler for having backups..
Old 06-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
Keep one piece of information in mind, You are entitled to a replacement of equal technology, and if such technology is outdated or un-avalable, Price is then used...

The 6800 will be of equal (slightly better) technology, and roughly the same retail price. Which means you should be allowed to swap out for it should 6700's can not be found...

Dont take a trio either, No wi-fi... Not equal technology...
Old 06-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Lurker

superman22 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to superman22
because of the Qualcom there is going to be a limited number of 6800 available because they supplied the chips for the phone so i dont see that happening and the phone will be realsed later this month
Old 06-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Lurker

myownminerva is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to myownminerva Send a message via MSN to myownminerva Send a message via Yahoo to myownminerva
Sprint will not replace the device with a 6800 unless you either tell them that you have had numerous, unresolvable issues with the device or you threaten to cacnel and have a rep send you to Retention. This is from internal policy... If you threaten to cancel, they can offer you any device in stock as a "save offer" and the 6800 is released 6/18.

Good luck. Im currently using the 6800 running WM 6.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by myownminerva
I think you just collectively punched all of us in the face. Thanks for that.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 06-14-2007, 09:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Pre & Hero

Darth Pooh is a n00b
Quote:
Sprint will not replace the device with a 6800 unless you either tell them that you have had numerous, unresolvable issues with the device or you threaten to cacnel and have a rep send you to Retention. This is from internal policy... If you threaten to cancel, they can offer you any device in stock as a "save offer" and the 6800 is released 6/18.

I just spoke with a tech, he did notate my account that this is my 3rd 6700 and when the 6800 is available I will be eligible for it. I hope this is honored at the time.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Pooh
Quote:

I just spoke with a tech, he did notate my account that this is my 3rd 6700 and when the 6800 is available I will be eligible for it. I hope this is honored at the time.
Did you speak to one over the phone, or at a retail store? My 6700 was replaced two months ago with a brand new one, and just broke. I'm trying to get the same contact to give me a switch as well
Old 07-01-2007, 02:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
This is my 3rd 6700, too... They tried to give me a 700wx, but I said no. (This was 1 month ago) Anyway, I asked if they culd replace my 6700 with the Mogul, and they said yes, then noted it on my account. I've talked to all the managers at my local Sprint store, and they all agreed that that was only fair.

So, I've been calling every 5 days to make sure the note is still on my account, and it's all good. Go for it.

-Touchè
Old 07-01-2007, 07:51 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touche'
This is my 3rd 6700, too... They tried to give me a 700wx, but I said no. (This was 1 month ago) Anyway, I asked if they culd replace my 6700 with the Mogul, and they said yes, then noted it on my account. I've talked to all the managers at my local Sprint store, and they all agreed that that was only fair.

So, I've been calling every 5 days to make sure the note is still on my account, and it's all good. Go for it.

-Touchè
I hope it works for you, but wait a while, for me there were 6700 in stock at the warehouse so they gave me a NIB 6700. Wait a while people till Sprint runs out of 6700, they don't have to give you the Mogul if the 6700 is in stock. I have my Mogul now but I payed full price for it.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan