PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0
disable calls

is there a way to disable calls from either coming in or just popping up for multiple occasions or different reasons

i did do a search but only turned up solutions not for me
Old 11-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2
Carrier: Sprint

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01
Re: disable calls

Could you be a little more specific? like you want all calls to stop at a certain time of day or certain numbers or what?
Old 11-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff

im just trying to figure out how to stop the popups while browsing
Old 11-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The only way I can think of is to set your phone to 1X only.... Calls wont ring through on the 1X network but they will on evdo...
Old 11-07-2008, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

they do with 1x because @ home i havent had evdo for a couple weeks but calls have nothing to do with data speeds......... i get calls in 1x im just looking for a possible less drama when people call.... so you still scroll the page
Old 11-07-2008, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Well they might have changed it cause used to it wouldnt ring through on date before evdo came out. When you make calls it always toggles to 1x network rather than evdo.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

im confused... are you saying that if your out of evdo showing 1x.. that people couldnt call you or that it just knocks off evdo?. im trying to achieve pppeace... like if im busy online i can just set the phone off the hook or just off....

i know that if you turn the phone off it disables the radio completely.. im looking for a visual workaround or a call screening but you wwouldnt have to hit ignore or answer.

Last edited by beefcakeb0; 11-08-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:00 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacho01 View Post
The only way I can think of is to set your phone to 1X only.... Calls wont ring through on the 1X network but they will on evdo...
You said that backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
they do with 1x because @ home i havent had evdo for a couple weeks but calls have nothing to do with data speeds......... i get calls in 1x im just looking for a possible less drama when people call.... so you still scroll the page
You can set it to EVDO only in EPST I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacho01 View Post
Well they might have changed it cause used to it wouldnt ring through on date before evdo came out. When you make calls it always toggles to 1x network rather than evdo.
No you changed it in your first post and got it wrong. 1x = phone calls. EVDO = data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
im confused... are you saying that if your out of evdo showing 1x.. that people couldnt call you or that it just knocks off evdo?. im trying to achieve pppeace... like if im busy online i can just set the phone off the hook or just off....

i know that if you turn the phone off it disables the radio completely.. im looking for a visual workaround or a call screening but you wwouldnt have to hit ignore or answer.
I've heard of it done before. It's either EPST or something else. I can't find it with a search sorry. Maybe someone else will see this.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

hopefully... icouldnt find either
Old 11-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

sorry should have made my post clearer...I agree 1X= phone calls. But do you remember before evdo rolled out that if you were browsing the web all of your calls would roll to VM?

I should have clarified on first post that Calls wont ring through in 1X when "browsing" .... I didnt type that as clearly as it was in my head....lol.

Last edited by apacho01; 11-09-2008 at 11:32 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan