Thread: disable calls
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 05:00 PM
MrObvious
I see you have a PPC.

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: disable calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacho01 View Post
The only way I can think of is to set your phone to 1X only.... Calls wont ring through on the 1X network but they will on evdo...
You said that backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
they do with 1x because @ home i havent had evdo for a couple weeks but calls have nothing to do with data speeds......... i get calls in 1x im just looking for a possible less drama when people call.... so you still scroll the page
You can set it to EVDO only in EPST I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacho01 View Post
Well they might have changed it cause used to it wouldnt ring through on date before evdo came out. When you make calls it always toggles to 1x network rather than evdo.
No you changed it in your first post and got it wrong. 1x = phone calls. EVDO = data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
im confused... are you saying that if your out of evdo showing 1x.. that people couldnt call you or that it just knocks off evdo?. im trying to achieve pppeace... like if im busy online i can just set the phone off the hook or just off....

i know that if you turn the phone off it disables the radio completely.. im looking for a visual workaround or a call screening but you wwouldnt have to hit ignore or answer.
I've heard of it done before. It's either EPST or something else. I can't find it with a search sorry. Maybe someone else will see this.