PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 Alltel

Darkfenix_Rizen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Sprint) Mogul HTC Home install problem

Hello, I installed HTC Home 2.1 or whatever the new version is on a Mogul with WM6.1 and now it locks up when it boots. It looks like the start menu comes up and the background appears and it locks.

I'm trying to save the contact info so I really need to find a way to uninstall this mod or to prevent it from loading so I can uninstall it. Is there any sort of safe mode available for 6.1?

I have no other mods installed. The ROM was just updated by Sprint last week. I tried hooking it to my PC and syncing it but it just comes up as an unknown device.

Please help!! My friend is without his phone and we need it up and running asap preferably without doing a hard reset. Thanks!

vTap
S2U2
Battery&Performance
HTChome6
NoSentMessage
internetspeed

Thanks PPC Community!
Old 10-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: (Sprint) Mogul HTC Home install problem

Try plugging it into your pc and then soft reset. I was able to remove it doing it this way. You may have to try several times.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I have tried that about 30 times. Now and then windows mobile center (vista) says connecting but then gives an error shortly after the phone locks.

I get about 6 seconds of control before it tries to load the today program and it locks.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Lurker

65fastback2+2 is a n00b

thats EXACTLY what just happened to mine...loaded htc 2.1 and bam, freeze on the windows screen. i took it to sprint and got it force reloaded with the stock rom. works again ...course i have outlook backup all my contacts
Old 10-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I have all mine backed up but unfortunately he doesn't. In our line of work if you lose your contacts you can easily lose work. Strange, i know, but thats the way it works.

I've tried a few more times to get it to sync but still no luck. Now and then my USB devices show an unknown device but thats about all i've seen.

Is there anyway to get WM6.1 into a safe mode or maybe a way I can disable the startup programs?
Old 10-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

not that I know of, but I don't know everything so wait to see if someone else chimes in to help.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Thank you jason25. I'm refreshing every few minutes hoping that someone can provide a way. Meanwhile I'll continue to try and sync this.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

xpocad is a n00b

Same thing Happened here
I couldnt do anything with it, so I just took it back to the sprint store and they did a hard reset for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan