PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sandiegodude is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone else use wmwifirouter all day long?

Hey guys.
I've been using an extra sero line + wmwifirouter as my primary internet connection at home for the past month. No torrent downloads or anything crazy like that.
I've even been able to share files between pc's and share printers on the network through wmwifirouter.
What a great app!
My question is for anyone else out there who uses wmwifirouter all day every day.

How long before the remote party ends your connection?
Waiting for ICS makes me need to restart.
I have to soft reset my phone once or twice a day in order to keep online.
Anyone with the same problem?
Using v.92

I would love to be able to set it and forget it, just like a linksys.
Am I dreaming?

Thanks!!
Old 10-13-2008, 05:30 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Does anyone else use wmwifirouter all day long?

Dude, get a real internet connection.

Goose. Golden Egg. You. Dead Goose.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro, and Sprint Touch Diamond, iPhone 3G (white) also ha
Carrier: Sprint PCS, AT&T(Ugh)

Mastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good work

Some people dont have high speed available in there area and its cell or Satellite and $30 sero is faster and better then $100 satellite internet
Old 10-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Dude, get a real internet connection.

Goose. Golden Egg. You. Dead Goose.
What is a "real" internet connection? What makes a cell connection any less "real"? Not sure you deciding what someone else should be using makes it a valid "real" connection. It is accurate to say any connection to the internet is a "real" connection...

Now to move onto to the discussed topic...

I don't use ICS, but it seems that with a setup that sophisticated (from a net sharing perspective) it would make more sense to get the old Modem Link working on your Mogul and setup one computer to use ICS on the computer and throw it up via an ad hoc WiFi network via the one comp.... That way the comp can then redial the net whenever it drops...
Old 10-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

sandiegodude is just getting started

That sounds good, but will it be as stable as wmwifi? If I can get wmwifirouter to keep a connection for over 5 hours, that would be the best/easiest!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well would it matter? If the connection dropped ICS on the one comp would just redial it and be back online like nothing ever happened...

I haven't used Modem Link since my old MDA days so I don't know how stable it is, but I'd imagine it should be more than fine. I tether through Bluetooth only as it is the best option for me.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work

You will surely be contacted by Sprint and probably later terminated if you used it as your primary internet connection at home. That is, unless you use it about as much as your average 80 year old. But the fact that you know what torrents are and are posting here leads me to believe that that is not true.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk6 View Post
You will surely be contacted by Sprint and probably later terminated if you used it as your primary internet connection at home. That is, unless you use it about as much as your average 80 year old. But the fact that you know what torrents are and are posting here leads me to believe that that is not true.
It is an issue that could be argued I'd imagine... I mean I have WMTorrent on my phone and download torrents directly on my phone without tethering at all...
Old 10-14-2008, 06:12 AM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i use wmwifirouter alot. the only problem i had was the phone would stop charging cause of the heat, now i just keep it in front of a fan plugged in. stays connected. sometimes you will notice that the transfer bars go "grey" on the top bar. all you have to do is make sure you have auto reconnect enabled in the wmwifirouter settings and then tap the icon up there and it will pop up the bubble and then hit disconnect, then it will automatically reconnect w/o the need of a soft reset.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:43 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
What is a "real" internet connection? What makes a cell connection any less "real"? Not sure you deciding what someone else should be using makes it a valid "real" connection. It is accurate to say any connection to the internet is a "real" connection...
A real connection would be a sprint aircard, and associated service, if all you can get is cell.\

Its unlikely but possible that you live somewhere where there is EVDO service but no broadband, but it seems unlikely. I won't discount it.

This casual breaking of the TOS is overlooked by Sprint when the usage is sporadic and low (ie, now and then connect tethered to laptop) but they will eventually flag this kind of use.

I suggest you consider it if this is your home broadband. If for no other reason then you'll toast your phone after a few months...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan