PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 09:48 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: how do i hard reset htc titan?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh flash to a rom then sync and flash the BL again mustve done something wrong then reflash the rom

Old 10-12-2008, 10:01 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
wow thank you
p.s. i have nothing against the penguins but sid the kid is into to much advertising and is full of himself otherwise hes awesome

pps i hate the rangers
Wow what a surprise.....a Devils fan hating the Rangers.....lol

BTW......Philly fan here.....
Old 10-12-2008, 10:52 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Smile Re: how do i hard reset htc titan?

Quote:
wow thank you

p.s. i have nothing against the penguins but sid the kid is into to much advertising and is full of himself otherwise hes awesome

p.p.s. i hate the rangers
sid loves himself? he doesnt double post. lol p.s also hate the rangers edit, ya know i hate the flyers even more. look tough this year i must admit,still hate um. lol

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-12-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:26 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: titan 6800
Threadstarter

michellep_702 is a n00b

i think its' just my usb that messed up n why nothing working
cuz the fone wont sync with my laptop..crap
Old 10-13-2008, 04:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: titan 6800
Threadstarter

michellep_702 is a n00b

Quote:
problem solved! connect the phone via activesync (it should stay on when activesynced) and run this (note when you are done the device will probably be stuck in the tri color screen and say 2.10.olipro instead of 1.20 to get out, flash any rom of your choice

ok since i did this step above...my fone has no change... and it still says 1.20
i did do the Hard-SPL-MFG link downloaded it n run the program..no change

also did the htc alltel updater....yeah no channge

lol had to give up for a few hrs earlier got frustrated n had to chill out..i really want to fix this im determined to make it work
Old 10-13-2008, 07:28 AM
The Hibster

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community

Im gonna make a complete step-by-step:
  1. flash that dcd rom a few pages back, do not bother with the carrier cab.
  2. TO FLASH: connect your phone turned on in the bootloader screen, then run the RUU and follow what it says.
  3. sync your phone via activesync MAKE SURE IT IS ACTIVESYNCE! for example that green symbol lit up and not grey and the little box says connected (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT OTHERWISE YOU WILL STAY AT 1.20)
  4. run the exe
  5. follow the propts EXACTLY!
  6. then when the RUU come up follow its steps.
  7. then the ruu will say congrats and you press exit
  8. continue in the dos box it wont do anything more as far as i know but just to be safe, you will get anerror message just click ok and ignore it
  9. it should now say 2.40 and not boot
  10. disconnect and soft reset a few times
  11. plug it in
  12. flash the dcd rom and run the carrier cab

Last edited by hibby50; 10-13-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800

v|ct0r3 is a n00b

Not to pull away from the true topic of this thread, but I am having a similar problem. My Titan will simply reset out of nowhere, and in addition it will goto sleep and not wake!!

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:59 PM
The Hibster

read my posts
Old 10-15-2008, 12:03 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by v|ct0r3 View Post
Not to pull away from the true topic of this thread, but I am having a similar problem. My Titan will simply reset out of nowhere, and in addition it will goto sleep and not wake!!

Usually it's good forum equitette to start your own thread.

Try reflashing a ROM and hard resetting (back up first!) and if not, relock and flash a stock ROM, take it to the store and get a new one.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:08 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by v|ct0r3 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Usually it's good forum equitette to start your own thread.

Try reflashing a ROM and hard resetting (back up first!) and if not, relock and flash a stock ROM, take it to the store and get a new one.
This is bad info, no disrespect intended. But the phone can easily be fixed, no need to return it back to the store.

Vic enter BL and tell us what is showing.....simultaneously hold power, camera and soft reset...tri-color screen will appear....give us the number at the top.......also on the first splash screen give us the radio and rom....lettering in red in the RH bottom corner

It sounds like something is incompatible.....but I need that info to be sure so we can move forward with the fix...

Last edited by flyers2114; 10-15-2008 at 02:26 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan