PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slickjestap is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Mogul problem answering calls

Ok I haven't seen this thread or problem before( and I pretty much go on here daily) so If I am a dumbass and someone can point me to the right thread awesome.

Basically when my phone rings and shows the number on the bottem with the options to answer or ignore I press answer nothing happens probably like 50 percent of the time ,then it shows I missed a call or it will have a serious delay and finally answer the call after 10-15 secs. I am on an official rom I wasn't sure if there was a reg edit for anything like this.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV 6800
Carrier: Verizon

tcolling is a n00b
Re: Mogul problem answering calls

I'm having exactly the same problem, on both my own xv6800 and my wife's also. We both have the WM 6.1 MR1 update installed, but I don't know whether that caused this problem. It is very annoying.

The other thing I notice is that now when I'm downloading large-ish files (2 or 3 mb or larger) the phone frequently stops the download and displays a dialog stating that the download was interrupted and asking if I want to restart it.

- Tim
Old 09-27-2008, 12:31 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

use a custom rom

Old 09-27-2008, 12:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV 6800
Carrier: Verizon

tcolling is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
use a custom rom
Somehow I was hoping for a more thorough explanation of why this problem happens if you're NOT using a custom rom, and also which custom ROMs to consider that you know do not have this issue.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:37 PM
The Hibster

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community

Just use the kitchen it is almost risk free and you put all the programs YOU want into the rom it is wm 6.1 any more questions fell free to post and check out ppckitchen.org also you could try running a rom made by a cook such as no2chem or dharvey or i have a rom floating around made in the kitchen, there are tons of options
Old 09-27-2008, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I don't like the custom roms really there are always some sort of glitches on them,I know what I am describing is a glitch of some sort like tcolling said I was just hoping for an answer that I can do without going through all of that. Always looking for the reset everything solution must be in dell tech support lol.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:13 PM
The Hibster

well thats all i can suggest the kitchen kicks *** and all i could say is hard reset
Old 09-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Laying low in smoke
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickjestap View Post
I don't like the custom roms really there are always some sort of glitches on them,I know what I am describing is a glitch of some sort like tcolling said I was just hoping for an answer that I can do without going through all of that. Always looking for the reset everything solution must be in dell tech support lol.
I think this is another glitch from the 6800 itself. I have the same problem and I use a cooked rom!! I have to agree that the kitchen is WAAYYY better than the stock rom. My phone works 50% better than with the stock rom.. but the way to answer calls is still delayed.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Soon to be Hero

andrewcgrimm is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to andrewcgrimm Send a message via Yahoo to andrewcgrimm

im having kinda the same problem, but mine is when i press the green phone button it wont answer the phone. I have to press the answer soft key. If i press the green phone button, it will not let me answer the call with either button

Teathered TP with computer

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I may go with the kitchen then just haven't ever done the kitchen. I may try to brave it and see how that works. Looks like ill have something to do on my day off. That delay makes me miss like half of my calls though its really pissing me off wonder if that would be a reason to trade in my phone if it is an internal mogul glitch type thing? I kinda want the diamond ( like everyone).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan