PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul
Carrier: sprint

caja65 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question windows mobile 6.1 question

ok i have a really big question i been thinking alot now on if i should or shouldnt do a windows up date, right now im using windows mobile 6....i would love to know the pros and cons on windows 6.1, and what you guys think about it.....all u would just like 2 keep on using the yellow cube and the flash bundle with tcmp to see youtube...what do you guys recomend?

thank you guys in advance
Old 09-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420
Re: windows mobile 6.1 question

i am on 6.1 it has threaded text it is not bad

Old 09-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff

I would just make the switch. I did months ago.

Plus all the new roms are gonna be 6.1
Old 09-17-2008, 10:37 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

And it is very nice. Just do it. Flash the new Sprint ROM and get it over with. About the only thing that doesn't work is Skype.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I did it also and although I didnt care for the native threaded app, I installed the Palm Threaded app as it is what I was so used to with my 67
Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Imagio
Carrier: Verizion

maxhub is a n00b

I been using the Verizon 6800 for a few weeks now.. I am actually am on my third unit in that few week process. The first one I got when it went to sleep it would not wake up, you had to do a soft reset on it every time to wake it up.

The Second unit would do the same thing but only 5 or 6 times a day. Not wanting to give up the phone I opted to exchange it again. Well guess what. It locked up to…lol… I said screw it I am keeping this phone..

I went ahead and upgraded to the 6.1 just to see what would happen.. And to my surprise it fixed my whole issue.. 6.1 is a lot better than 6 Take the jump and change it…lol it is worth it .. Really like the threads for the sms…keeps the old guys from say what the hell did I say to them last…lol
Old 09-19-2008, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

reekolu is keeping up the good workreekolu is keeping up the good work

When you switch to 6.1 you're gonna need a new TCPMP and FVB, here they are. (do not unzip, just rename by removing .zip)
Attached Files
File Type: zip TCPMP-0.72RC1 (wm6.1).CAB.zip (1,015.4 KB, 218 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip FlashVideoBundle.CAB.zip (796.6 KB, 151 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint mogul
Threadstarter

caja65 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekolu View Post
When you switch to 6.1 you're gonna need a new TCPMP and FVB, here they are. (do not unzip, just rename by removing .zip)
thanks alot i acutally did the switch this morning @ 6 am and i waz going crazy looking for a new update and i couldnt find it.....thanks alot man u saved the day......by the way whats the diffrence or what waz the problem that the old TCPMP and FVB didnt work with 6.1?

also is there any way that i could get TCPMP and FVB to work with opera mini ???? i would love it if some1 could get it to work......thanks agian in advance

Last edited by caja65; 09-19-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 04:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

reekolu is keeping up the good workreekolu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by caja65 View Post
thanks alot i acutally did the switch this morning @ 6 am and i waz going crazy looking for a new update and i couldnt find it.....thanks alot man u saved the day......by the way whats the diffrence or what waz the problem that the old TCPMP and FVB didnt work with 6.1?

also is there any way that i could get TCPMP and FVB to work with opera mini ???? i would love it if some1 could get it to work......thanks agian in advance
I don't know why the old one does'nt work with 6.1, there's nothing different just modified to work with 6.1 and I don't think TCPMP will work with Opera Mini, it streams using PIE. Also, I use the Skyfire browser, it has less problems with the Moguls lack of memory and is super fast. Oh and if I helped you you can press the green "Thanks" button. Happy Moguling.

Last edited by reekolu; 09-20-2008 at 04:38 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

longboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekolu View Post
can somebody tell me how to save these files to mogul withhout unzip

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan