PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices



Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2008, 12:25 AM
rick75204's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: ppc6700
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Reputation: 0
rick75204 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800

Can someone help me to get my MMS and internet working on my Alltel PPC-6800. It is already on MetroPCS with the real ESN. I've looked everywhere and try everything but still no luck. BTW, I am in the Dallas Market.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2008, 02:18 AM
fred_dj's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Mogul On MetroPCS and a Bricked XV6700
Location: Boca Raton, FL
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 180
Reputation: 385
fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800

How did you get the REAL esn on to metropcs??
MMS is Not possible yet, but for the Internet create a NEW NETWORK, Start > Settings > Connections

Create a new one, Using Cell Line, Number to dial is #777
User ID is you 10 digit phone number @mymetropcs.com and password is metropcs.
Than edit you proxy servers to HTTP > wap.metropcs.net

and use port 3128 that's it. it should work. But i really want to know how did you activate your phone with metro...
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2008, 03:55 AM
rick75204's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Reputation: 0
rick75204 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dj View Post
How did you get the REAL esn on to metropcs??
MMS is Not possible yet, but for the Internet create a NEW NETWORK, Start > Settings > Connections

Create a new one, Using Cell Line, Number to dial is #777
User ID is you 10 digit phone number @mymetropcs.com and password is metropcs.
Than edit you proxy servers to HTTP > wap.metropcs.net

and use port 3128 that's it. it should work. But i really want to know how did you activate your phone with metro...
I tried this but I get "YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD IS WRONG"

used everything like you said - sock was filled in with wap.metropcs.net but port 80 so I tried id and nothing - I changed it to 3128 aswell and nothing

As far as how I got the ESN on Metro: I went to a local guy in Dallas (funny thing is he is not a MetroPCS Store). MetroPcs charges $35 for MetroFlash instead he charges $50 - but you have to program your phone yourself. He just puts the ESN in.

Does Anyone know how to get Web and MMS???
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2008, 10:46 AM
fred_dj's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Mogul On MetroPCS and a Bricked XV6700
Location: Boca Raton, FL
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 180
Reputation: 385
fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800

wait, do you have INTERNET activated on your account?? do you have the $45 or the $ 50 plan? that could be it!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-27-2008, 10:22 PM
rick75204's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Reputation: 0
rick75204 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dj View Post
wait, do you have INTERNET activated on your account?? do you have the $45 or the $ 50 plan? that could be it!
I have the $45 plan
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2008, 12:27 AM
fred_dj's Avatar
PPCGeeks Regular
Offline
Pocket PC: Mogul On MetroPCS and a Bricked XV6700
Location: Boca Raton, FL
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 180
Reputation: 385
fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800

Hum, it should work.... try deleting all connections, and then under MY WORK NETWORK, create a modem connection ( once again ) #777, xxxxxxxxxx@mymetropcs.net Username, metropcs password. Still doesnt work? try password Blank. If still doesnt work, do you know how to get to EPST ? by dialing ##778# ( i think ) or running EPST.exe from My Device/Windows. ( you need to know your 6 digit passcode, it is usually 000000. If not you have to research here how to find your number. In case you get into the EPST, Choose EDIT and go thru all the lines of configuration under all tabs and check if you have you phone number right , and also if there's any line there that has something about Verizon or sprint. Like server configurations, etc. Check every detail just to make sure. Go to the COROLADA home page www.corolada.com/prl download the 00023 PRL from metro pcs , save it in your SD card and update your PRL ( under the PRL Tab inside EPST, CLick and Hold over the PRL file, choose edit, than browse the 00023 that you saved, updated and then restart. try it again. Worst case scenario, you cannot enter EPST, try dialing *228 choose option 2 ( update roaming capabilities ) and see if it works. Try at least 4 times in a row. Mine doesnt work at all, but some people here got it working. That's all I can think right now man, good luck. keep posting
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2008, 08:10 AM
rick75204's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Reputation: 0
rick75204 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dj View Post
Hum, it should work.... try deleting all connections, and then under MY WORK NETWORK, create a modem connection ( once again ) #777, xxxxxxxxxx@mymetropcs.net Username, metropcs password. Still doesnt work? try password Blank. If still doesnt work, do you know how to get to EPST ? by dialing ##778# ( i think ) or running EPST.exe from My Device/Windows. ( you need to know your 6 digit passcode, it is usually 000000. If not you have to research here how to find your number. In case you get into the EPST, Choose EDIT and go thru all the lines of configuration under all tabs and check if you have you phone number right , and also if there's any line there that has something about Verizon or sprint. Like server configurations, etc. Check every detail just to make sure. Go to the COROLADA home page www.corolada.com/prl download the 00023 PRL from metro pcs , save it in your SD card and update your PRL ( under the PRL Tab inside EPST, CLick and Hold over the PRL file, choose edit, than browse the 00023 that you saved, updated and then restart. try it again. Worst case scenario, you cannot enter EPST, try dialing *228 choose option 2 ( update roaming capabilities ) and see if it works. Try at least 4 times in a row. Mine doesnt work at all, but some people here got it working. That's all I can think right now man, good luck. keep posting
I'm on the newest PRL for EVDO phones 00068, I'll keep trying it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2008, 12:27 AM
ANAGSUTIN's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
Reputation: 0
ANAGSUTIN is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dj View Post
How did you get the REAL esn on to metropcs??
MMS is Not possible yet, but for the Internet create a NEW NETWORK, Start > Settings > Connections

Create a new one, Using Cell Line, Number to dial is #777
User ID is you 10 digit phone number @mymetropcs.com and password is metropcs.
Than edit you proxy servers to HTTP > wap.metropcs.net

and use port 3128 that's it. it should work. But i really want to know how did you activate your phone with metro...
HELLO...DO YOU KNOW IF I CAN GET INTERNET IN THE BLACKBERRY 8330 OR IN THE LG VX8550 CHOCOLATE 2? THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-04-2008, 07:54 AM
rick75204's Avatar
Lurker
Offline
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Threadstarter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Reputation: 0
rick75204 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800

Unfortunately you are asking the wrong person - i have not been able to get any phone to get internet or MMS working.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-19-2008, 12:07 PM
bossman23's Avatar
N00b
Offline
Pocket PC: samsung galaxy s3,galaxy note2,nokia lumia 810
Carrier: Metropcs
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 37
Reputation: 320
bossman23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbossman23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbossman23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbossman23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MetroPCS Web and MMS on PPC-6800

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick75204 View Post
I tried this but I get "YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD IS WRONG"

used everything like you said - sock was filled in with wap.metropcs.net but port 80 so I tried id and nothing - I changed it to 3128 aswell and nothing

As far as how I got the ESN on Metro: I went to a local guy in Dallas (funny thing is he is not a MetroPCS Store). MetroPcs charges $35 for MetroFlash instead he charges $50 - but you have to program your phone yourself. He just puts the ESN in.

Does Anyone know how to get Web and MMS???
you are almost there you missed out a few settings

GO back to the proxy server and for the first one and do it exactly as i have it here
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

now for your connections

username:10 digitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
password: metropcs

leave domain blank and you are all set. O one more thing when you go to the first connections setup where it says task and advance, go to advance and select the name you use the setting above in.Example if you leave as vzw whatever chose that one as your internet conection and do it for both. you can also rename it to metropcs. make sure you have the right prl so that it can pick up metro towers




don't forget to say thanks

Last edited by bossman23; 10-16-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Reply

  PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com